Menthol Recipe tweak help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Coolidge, Arizona, United States
My everyday vape has been this menthol...

Nic Liquid = 100mg 100%pg (bought at MyFreedomSmokes)
12mg strength
50/50 pg/vg

All TFA flavorings (bought at MyFreedomSmokes)

1% Peppermint
3% Menthol
3% Koolada
2% Sweetner
15% tobacco Blend

With this recipe I do get the cooling sensation. I would imagine that is the Koolada.
But something is just missing. It doesnt taste....right. All I really get is the cooling sensation.
What can I do with this to get some kind of nice flavor out of it?
Remove the tobacco? Add a different flavor? Add more mg? I was thinking of going up to 18mg.

Just not that good at DIY yet...and do not have the cash flow to experiment on alot of juice.
Just trying to get a nice everyday vape.... that is good enough to vape while experimenting.

This recipe isnt bad... but just kind of boring... lol
I will also add that I normally make 2 60ml bottles of this and let them steep on my shelf for a week before using it.
Normally just shake it every day or so.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Hi Azphat,
I only been diy since july, but i also like menthol. Ive experimented with menthol all the way up to 10%--way too strong. But, what im starting to like the best is .5 to 1.5% menthol. Its not overpowering the flavor as much at that level for me. Also, you could try uping the pg% in your mix to increase the flavor. Though i haven't tryed the koolada yet, that plus the menthol and peppermint might be "fighting" the tobacco. Good Luck

Mitch65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Akron, Ohio
Get rid of the koolada all together. It will fight with the menthol. The menthol provides the cooling sensation so you don't need koolada.

Increase peppermint maybe 3%
Increase tobacco to 17%
Pull menthol back to around 2%
Replace the sweetner with Bavarian cream or candy caramel or another sweet flavor for depth.

You have to steep this so give it 24 hours before u decide on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread