menthol smokers who like other flavors. I have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
Do you add a "menthol additive" to your other flavored liquids, or do you do like I do and add menthol flavored liquids with nicotine with your flavors?

Would it be better for me to just buy the menthol additive? I'm thinking I'm diluting my flavors this way. I can't vape any flavors without adding menthol. Kinda sucks since banana nut bread won't taste too great minty lol.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
I tend to have some strong menthols in another tank that I switch back and forth with. I've had a few with added mint, and they were just so so.... I still like strong other flavors, so they don't need mint. Like Black Licorice, or spicy chai.

If you get a strong enough menthol additive that only takes a few drops per tank, I wouldn't worry too much about diluting things, unless your mixing things 50/50, in which case I would just mix it with a strong menthol e-liq.

shedevil7953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Central Indiana
I was a menthol smoker for over 40 years and that's what I started vaping with. Gradually, I tried other juices like desserts, coffees, bakery, etc. I have menthols that I could add but I haven't felt the need to. If you're adding, say, 24mg menthol to 24mg other flavor, you wouldn't be diluting it. I just happen to vape 24mg so used that as an example.

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
I usually end up with about 30%menthol liquid (i use v2s liquid, its the only one I've had and I really like the strength of the menthol) and 70% other flavor. I'm thinking I'm probably diluting the flavor, not the strength. I'm just trying to find out if its worth my while to try an additive, because I wouldn't need to add as much of it, maybe?

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I added some prothol to my maha ras - both perform well, but maha ras is so good and hard to get and I wanted to stretch it out... so I'll add a good performing, clean menthol like prothol from vaporcast or ice cold menthol from gej to a juice to stretch it out -

....but usually I add menthol drops... changes the character of the juice less...

I add menthol to fruits, existing menthols etc... sometimes tobaccos... but not to carmel or bakery type juices

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I have just started vaping after being a menthol analog smoker. I have an Ismoka Mini BBC atomizer and tank.

I add 3 to 6 drops of 6 mg eLiq Cube Frozen Tundra to all my flavors. I have 2 melon flavors and a grape flavor at different mg levels (still trying to find the lowest nic level I can that still keeps me off analogs) I find it helps punch up the flavor of the flavors I have.

Soon I will shop for new stronger flavors. I will see if I still need to add menthol to like them.

Since I only use a few drops, I am not concerned about diluting the nic content.

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
BernieVideo:10338078 said:
I have just started vaping after being a menthol analog smoker. I have an Ismoka Mini BBC atomizer and tank.

I add 3 to 6 drops of 6 mg eLiq Cube Frozen Tundra to all my flavors. I have 2 melon flavors and a grape flavor at different mg levels (still trying to find the lowest nic level I can that still keeps me off analogs) I find it helps punch up the flavor of the flavors I have.

Soon I will shop for new stronger flavors. I will see if I still need to add menthol to like them.

Since I only use a few drops, I am not concerned about diluting the nic content.

Off topic, but I have the mini bcc by ismoka too! Two of them, they're great!

And I'm not concerned with diluting nicotine, just flavors. Infact I would be okay with diluting nicotine because I tend to vape a lot at night time. I use 6 regularly, and keep a 12 on hand incase I need it (i am easily stressed).

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
lasttango:10337978 said:
I added some prothol to my maha ras - both perform well, but maha ras is so good and hard to get and I wanted to stretch it out... so I'll add a good performing, clean menthol like prothol from vaporcast or ice cold menthol from gej to a juice to stretch it out -

....but usually I add menthol drops... changes the character of the juice less...

I add menthol to fruits, existing menthols etc... sometimes tobaccos... but not to carmel or bakery type juices

So are prothol and ice cold regular juices? which has a stonger menthol flavor? When you say menthol drops, that's just the additive right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread