Adding menthol - a consensus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OuchingMegaSpank

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Michigan
I am getting ready to order some juice from a site that allows me to add degrees of menthol to my flavors. I do like menthol but I don't care for anything too prevalent. What say you all: adding a slight menthol to basic fruit flavors like grape or blueberry, how do you like it?

I sometimes find myself bored of these kinda of flavors without menthol. I haven't tried them with any menthol as of yet. I have heard it said that a slight but of menthol helps brighten the flavors. Is this true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Many people really like menthol in tobacco and fruit flavors. I smoked menthol cigs, but don't want menthol in my tobacco vapes. I do enjoy a touch of menthol in fruit flavors.. but very occasionally these days. Yeah, it does seem to brighten them up a tad. I also occasionally enjoy straight-up minty flavors like Kringle's Curse from Halo and Sleighride from Ahlusion.

If you like menthol I'd suggest getting some menthol crystals to dilute or a menthol concentrate like this http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=79&product_id=129 . That way you can control how much menthol to add; a little goes a LONG way. For a $1.50 that's about a lifetime supply for me as a very occasional menthol vaper.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I live in South Texas where it's pretty much summer year round. Menthol + fruit flavors is about all I vape.

Just keep in mind that adding menthol will mute the flavors sometimes. (more vg will also mute the flavors)

With that in mind I recommend adding minimal menthol (e.g. "frosting" rather than "icing") because you can always buy a very concentrated menthol and add it to your juice if it's not enough. Second, add an extra flavor shot or two to counter-act the menthol and/or vg concentration.

I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread