Menthol Vape off

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
Ok Totally Wicked Menthol High(24mg) v/s E-cigs Minty Menthol High (18mg)

As a menthol analog smoker I wanted to try as many menthol liquids as I could. I started with the E-cigs one and have vaped it for around a week. This was my main vape in the SD

The TW I have vaped almost exclusively for most of today in an 801. I know it may taste different in the screwdriver but there is a clear difference so far.

TW. Liquid is of a thinner viscosity then E-cigs. The taste is clean and fresh menthol without anything else coming through in the overall taste. Vapor is good with a nice cool throat hit, not to harsh.

A very refreshing vape.

E-cigs. A thicker viscosity that I've got used to seeing. This has nice menthol hit but it does seem to have a slight tobacco taste. I think this also has a harsher throat hit but this could be down to the power of the SD though.

Closer to the real deal for me.

I like both of the liquids and don't have a clear fave right now. If I miss a harsh kick I'll go EC, if I want less of that and clean cool menthol TW. I'll also have to try a mix of the two for the best of both worlds. ;)

I'll rotate the juices in the devices and report back soon. I'm also willing to vape any Menthol liquids that any suppliers would like to send over. :thumb:

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
Thanks, a very useful comparison! I was whining elsewhere that I wasn't mad keen on the e-cigs liquid, but somehow I've managed to vape through 1/4 - 1/3 of the 15ml bottle, heheh! It's kept me going, and will do so until the TW turns up - got my dispatch email earlier so not long to go! I'll probably mix a little TW into the e-cigs stuff so it's not wasted.

Although I still crave the taste of analog menthol, it's more the cooling mint I miss than the tobacco, I think. That's probably why I ended up on Richmonds, they seemed to be mintier than any other!

CssReb

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
USA, NYC
Have you tried the TW Spearmint spyderuk? Its not a menthol, I would describe it as like mint leaf. Its not bad IMO. I was thinking about mixing one part menthol, one part spearmint, one part tobacco/Marlboro or something for a nice blend.

I was thinking about getting the TW Spearmint but ended up getting the menthol. I wouldn't mind a minty candy taste. Would you describe the Spearmint that way?

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
Mint candy, like a peppermint? No I wouldn't say so, its more herbal tasting, you know like a mint plant. The e-cigs.co.uk Minty Menthol I've got is more like peppermint, but with a menthol "zing" as well. I'm not sure if thats changed at all, I got that a few months back in the old orange top plastic bottles. All their stuff now comes in glass dropper bottles.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Ok Totally Wicked Menthol High(24mg) v/s E-cigs Minty Menthol High (18mg)

As a menthol analog smoker I wanted to try as many menthol liquids as I could. I started with the E-cigs one and have vaped it for around a week. This was my main vape in the SD

The TW I have vaped almost exclusively for most of today in an 801. I know it may taste different in the screwdriver but there is a clear difference so far.

TW. Liquid is of a thinner viscosity then E-cigs. The taste is clean and fresh menthol without anything else coming through in the overall taste. Vapor is good with a nice cool throat hit, not to harsh.

A very refreshing vape.

E-cigs. A thicker viscosity that I've got used to seeing. This has nice menthol hit but it does seem to have a slight tobacco taste. I think this also has a harsher throat hit but this could be down to the power of the SD though.

Closer to the real deal for me.

I like both of the liquids and don't have a clear fave right now. If I miss a harsh kick I'll go EC, if I want less of that and clean cool menthol TW. I'll also have to try a mix of the two for the best of both worlds. ;)

I'll rotate the juices in the devices and report back soon. I'm also willing to vape any Menthol liquids that any suppliers would like to send over. :thumb:

Definately play with mixtures, it is fun, and you can them blend your flavors(taste better too). I smoked kools, way too many, and have found I prefer mixing with coffee, as I always start my day with cig/coffee just to get the motor revving. As they say, try it, you will like it.

I have menthol/mint flavors from puresmoker, kick, janty, TW, Portal, LC, and still look for more to add to the mix;)I have also found, I do not like the taste, smell, or negative effects of cigggiiieee tobaccooooo no mo.8-o

I've smoked Kool Milds for over 35 years and IMO the TW Extra High strength tastes too pepperminty. Nice throat hit and great taste, just not menthol to me. Same is true with Kick Extra High Menthol but with less of a throat hit.

I found that I mix MBL high strength in a ratio of about 4 parts MBL and 1 part Menthol for a good mix of menthol and tobacco flavor to me. This is currently my favorite mix at the moment.

I am a long time menthol smoker myself and I've tried Cash's Pure Menthol, JC Artic Mint and generic menthol. I got menthol crystals as suggested in another thread last week and have used them to bump up all the above juices...but still just couldn't quite get my "fix" so this morning when I finally got around to cleaning all my used carts and discovered they are a trifold piece of whatever I got the idea to take a few tiny mentol crystals and place them inside one of folds and then saturate with liquid. YAHOO!

I don't know that I would do this on a continuous basis - will stay aware and see if there is any reaction from my just now clearing lungs - but if you really like menthol and are jonesn' for a fix - try it - it might be just what you've been missing.

CssReb

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
USA, NYC
Definately play with mixtures, it is fun, and you can them blend your flavors(taste better too). I smoked kools, way too many, and have found I prefer mixing with coffee, as I always start my day with cig/coffee just to get the motor revving. As they say, try it, you will like it.

OoOOoOOooo Yes, this is much better I blended the KicK e-juice with the TW and it's sweet and minty. I might try Vanilla and mint next.:thumb:

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
OoOOoOOooo Yes, this is much better I blended the KicK e-juice with the TW and it's sweet and minty. I might try Vanilla and mint next.:thumb:

I use some type of mint, in most of my combo's. Glad ya like it, also gets ya away from being used to 1 flavor. Makes it more exiting, imo. ENJOY EXPERIMENTING:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread