Not open for further replies.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Ok, then I'd like to order one with this discount please:

However, if you find a lower price for the V3 elsewhere,
Janty will give you a discount to match their price minus 7 USD!

(It's the first message in this thread, in case you're looking for it)

I will ask Ludo and the shop owners about this and get back to you - I wont promise anything though -- im just the messenger here. Dont eat me. Please. I dont taste good. ;)

riverrat45

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2009
What a load of crap!!!!! I love Janty dont get me wrong but this is very dissapointing... OK somebody else made a mistake and released it early so we are told to wait for janty to release it and we will get a discount (hopefully for trusting and being loyal customers) sooooo us janty heads wait and wait. The big day comes and all of a sudden the whole dang deal goes up in smoke????? I dont give a rip about their shipping costs it was the price OF the stick, WOW this is very very low sales strategy, now im not gonna order from the other place but this whole "wait for the deal it will be worth it crap" is blowing alot of smoke!!! C'mon Janty dont feed us dog food and tell us its steak.....

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Uh you will love the rubberized feel - its insanely cool.

Now for another matter:

IF YOU ARE ORDERING A JANTYSTICK V3 - PLEASE TYPE "FORUM FREE CART PACKET" IN YOUR ORDER MESSAGE - AND THIS WILL GIVE YOU A FREE PACK OF CARTS (We will pick the flavor though) as a small token of appreciation that you are shopping at JantyUSA.

And - also remember - when you order with us, you DO get our customer service, you DO get your V3 faster than from heaven-gifts, and you DO have a warranty you can rely on.

So its not all that bad people! ;)

I hope this above free cart packet helps a bit though - and i am sorry and apologize for the mixup any of this has caused.

Friends? ;)

ladyraj

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
Order #8981 black matte, naturally.:)

Edit: the free carts are nice but honestly...there have been promises made and then broken with items missing or changed once a shipment arrives. (are the "free" carts the same set of 5 that comes with the set?)

Further, Mik...a week ago you posted in the Janty World forum the V3 would be available and the cheaper price minus 7 dollars would be honored with no mention of shipping costs taken into account. HG is selling the V3 at $57.50.

Why no holster but same price as the V2?

Last edited:

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
The reason Janty / Joye uses a battery while performing the "passthrough" is that its safer.

with no battery you can overload your computers USB ports - or the PV itself - in rare cases this could lead to shortcircuits, even fires. This wont happen on any Janty PV due to the battery being in the loop.

So while not being "full" passthrough, it is alot safer and performing the function you need ( charging, or vaping on power ).. and thats the most important thing isnt it ? =)

So this means that if one would vape while plugged into USB, the battery would be always charging or rather re-charging, doesn't it? But the battery also has a finite number of re-charges. Doesn't it mean that with continuous USB vaping (and re-charging), the battery life will get very short?

The three most important reasons for USB passthrough for me are:
1) being able to vape when I don't have charged battery;
2) getting constant "optimal" vaping voltage;
3) being able to charge less often by using batteries only when I am on the go.

I am not sure if the Stick will provide the above "passtrhough" benefits. Mik wrote that battery must be installed for this to work. Does the battery have to be charged? Do I still get constant and consistent voltage even if the battery is not fully charged?

ladyraj

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
I prefer promised extras to not be stinky. I'm also a little strange in that I usually take businesses at their word unless a true error was made in delivering the message and a timely explanation/retraction is offered to potential buyers.

The issue at it's base level is that customers feel confused/upset when a promise is given and when the long awaited date to collect comes...the promise is that of vapor in gusting winds.

We all know that Janty is staffed with great people and have great products and come back again and again.

All of my hardware comes from Janty as well as most of my carts and eliquids. A couple thousand dollars worth....which I think is a really good indicator I'm a loyal customer as well.

If a customer...any customer states confusion over mixed messages/promises shouldn't that problem be articulated, then addressed? :confused:

(if no one wants any of those extras....my address is on file!):D:D:D

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
So this means that if one would vape while plugged into USB, the battery would be always charging or rather re-charging, doesn't it? But the battery also has a finite number of re-charges. Doesn't it mean that with continuous USB vaping (and re-charging), the battery life will get very short?

The three most important reasons for USB passthrough for me are:
1) being able to vape when I don't have charged battery;
2) getting constant "optimal" vaping voltage;
3) being able to charge less often by using batteries only when I am on the go.

I am not sure if the Stick will provide the above "passtrhough" benefits. Mik wrote that battery must be installed for this to work. Does the battery have to be charged? Do I still get constant and consistent voltage even if the battery is not fully charged?
Not according to Battery University.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Avoid frequent full discharges because this puts additional strain on the battery. Several partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one deep one.

How to prolong lithium-based batteries
[/FONT]

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
WillyB, you'll be happy with the stick if these things are what you want. I've been using the stick for more than 6 months and I can vouch for it. Don't sweat the batteries, they're 3 bucks a shot, buy a couple a month and you'll be set.

00020263.gif

BTW: I have been using the same battery for 3 months an I use the JS plugged in almost all the time. No prob with the batt yet.............

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Heres some answers for you:

Why no holster but same price as the V2?

The new button does not fit in the holster - if you have the holster from the V2, you will know its a very slim fit. And as of right now due to eGo, V3 launch, and other products in the making we dont have time to develop a new holster / launch one. We might do this later, but as of right now its not something we are looking into. - The V3 is priced the same as the V2 to make YOU happy. It is not normal for any supplier to launch a new product and price it the same as an older existing product.

Also, the V3 has an INCLUDED wall adapter - something that also does cost money to make - and was not included in the V2 set.

No - LI-Ion is built for this

If you plug it in USB, no matter what level your battery is at, you will get the same power/capability

EDIT: PS - Mik, I don't need no stinking extras....Janty's done tops by me thanks!!!

Thats the spirit! ;)

I prefer promised extras to not be stinky. I'm also a little strange in that I usually take businesses at their word unless a true error was made in delivering the message and a timely explanation/retraction is offered to potential buyers

If you notice what is in this post, then it was posted 40 minutes after the first find of any V3 on heaven-gifts.com - and we used this post to explain what has happened: That someone else put US in a bad position that we could not foresee happening. A retraction of something is not possible on this forum, since you can not edit a post after a certain timespan. If that had been possible, my original message about 7 dollars off, would have been removed the day after - seeing as thats where we found out it wasnt a smart move and would cost us too much money to do this way - considering the facts that:

If you buy from heaven-gifts you get their "customer service", and your package can be caught in customs , and you will be under their "warranty".

Now while i dont want to throw mud, i think its safe to say that in both the customer service and warranty department we know what we can offer, and we know what they can offer: This alone, should eliminate any doubt of where to buy the stick.

As of right now this is the calculation:

HG V3 = 57.50 dollars
Shipping = 17 dollars (Their website actually states that for US its ATLEAST 17 dollars, and for Europe its ATLEAST 20)
Total = 74,5

If you order it from JantyUSA the calculation is roughly:

V3 = 74.95
Shipping = around 7 dollars
Total = 81.95
Minus 5 dollars for the extra 5 pack of carts we put in with every order:

Total = 76.95

So what we you are all debating here is around ONE dollar in difference - question is: are you willing to save one dollar, and risk getting your package caught in customs? Or look at it another way - Is one dollar alot to pay for Janty customer service, Janty warranty, and having your V3 within 2-4 days?

I mean - i do realize there has been mixups in this thread, but please realise that all of this happened TO us - its not something we did.

If a customer...any customer states confusion over mixed messages/promises shouldn't that problem be articulated, then addressed

And if you look at the thread, this is what i have been doing nonstop, almost 24 hours a day whenever anyone had any issues with this - i have not only responded to questions, i have also found solutions.

Wow.... tough Friday night crowd.

Indeed. Good thing ill be here all week. Maybe they will like my act better tomorrow. ;)

hidaho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2009
Cannes - France
I think you are really underestimate pouch utility.

I have been using stick V2 for month, because there is a pouch, so i could safetly and easily carry stick with aty plus two batteries just at my belt.

I don't buy ego, cause with nothing to carry it, i don't want to keep it in my pocket.

Also, if i had to chose where to buy a stick V3, i will go janty, not for your "superior " customer service (HG has a great CS too), but simply to reward your innovation spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread