Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Now that I own the OBS Engine Nano and the Serpent SMM I'm not sure if I would go back to a tank with bottom AF. Personally I think this has been one of the best innovations brought to RTA's.

While the OBS deck still seems weird to me, small, light and uncomplicated the design for wicking and and AF it removes several of the issues many other tanks have when it comes to filling a tank and flooding.

I have three of each and they have been heavy used because of there simplicity.

So I would have to agree with mrjohs this tank would be something I would pass on too.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I was using mostly Kanger subtank mini bottom fill, Ego one Mega bottom fill. Then got the Coppervape skyline clone and a OBS nano.... Use those most of the time but still use the Ego a lot too.

This is one well built tasty tank and works fine with MTL with the correct airflow piece in place. The build quality is great. This is 22mm. Don't know what the merlin costs but this is inexpensive

$18.60 Coppervape Skyline Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4ml / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
7935300-2.jpg

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
have to call you on the beserker. I am on three rebuilds and 20 refills with no flooding..

Yeah, some have reported success with top filling, although many has not. Among other things that would depend on juice viscosity, density of wicking, atmospheric pressure and room temperature. That is probably why the jury is out and will stay out.

One thing is for sure, though, it is a crapshoot.

• Agree
Reactions: Marc411

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Yeah, some have reported success with top filling, although many has not. Among other things that would depend on juice viscosity, density of wicking, atmospheric pressure and room temperature. That is probably why the jury is out and will stay out.

One thing is for sure, though, it is a crapshoot.
not sure it's a crapshoot really. If you get a decent build in there it should be fine. I close the af, top off, fill as quickll as possible, as you put the top cap on, turn upside down as soon as it seals, leave it for a few secs, open af and turn it back up the right way..works every time!

Reactions: MMW and Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread