Merlin Mini/Evic sudden battery hog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
like the title suggests I've recently had an issue with this combo and draining my battery quick. I had a kayfun 5 and recently bought the Merlin. The build is .97 ohm with 26 gauge SS 2.5 I.D The wattage I vape is usually 16. Granted it's higher than I vaped the kayfun I can't figure out why it's eating my lg h2 up. Today I got up went to work and noticed the battery was half go e and I know I didn't vape that much. Any suggestions before I go throwing good money after bad? The evic mini is probably 18 months old . Thanks for any help you can provide! I also forgot to add the battery is only 2 months old

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I have had slight issues with that from dirty contacts but not that much. Maybe that plus the slight higher power your running? It may be more to do with the mod, maybe after some time they aren't as efficient, but that I don't know

A mod shouldn't get less efficient over time. A battery definitely will, but a two-month-old HG2 running at 16 W or less shouldn't be having any problems.
  • How are you charging your battery?
  • Has anything happened to the battery lately (e.g. left it in the car and it heated up, dropped it, anything else)?
  • Do you have more than one battery and, if so, are you having issues with just one or all of them?
  • Are you sure that the battery issues started exactly when you switched from the Kayfun to the Merlin, or could it have been a little before or after?
  • Are you sure the battery was fully charged before you started, or might the battery not be getting its full charge? Do both the charger and the mod (or at least the mod if they're one in the same) both say it's fully charged?
My initial response is that something's probably wrong with the battery, but I can't be sure. It's also possible that there's a problem with the charging. I can't really say without more information, but I hope we can help you sort it out.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Thank you both for the replies.
I charge my batteries with an Xtar charger. I can't remember the model but it's a two bay charger.

Nothing that I know of has happened to the batteries. I also have a green 2500 mah battery (Samsung?) that is acting the same. It only took 2 hours or so to go down to half a battery. This one is a little older though.

I was pretty sure it started when I switched but it could have just been a lot more evident as well.

I will check about the full charge when it's done in the morning. That's a good point I don't know if I've made a point to look real recently but I never had a reason to.

I was thinking if I tried charging it through the USB maybe I could rule out the charger being an issue. I might give that a shot. I also did what I could to clean the contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread