Status
Not open for further replies.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Ok I built a mesh Ekowool wick yesterday and used it all day today. I loved my Bamboo wick but hated changing every few days the ekowool all by itself gave me a scratchy throat in my head maybe but I dunno. the ekowool wrapped inside the mesh is perfect if it lasts as long as I think it will I loved how long the ekowool lasted and can't see why the mesh will not last as long or longer some time will tell tho but at the moment i do think this is the best wick i've used yet :)

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
I got a few different kinds of wicking material from a fellow Reonaut. But I just pulled a AGAT2 apart and have some of that I might wrap it around my 1mm eckowool. I have an Aunt Lydia's bamboo#10 doubled over and pulled through with a wire for a four strand wick, a str8 1mm eckowool wick, and a cotton wick going right now. Eckowool is kinda scratchy feeling. I like the bamboo. I'm going to replace the mesh in the AGAT2 with cotton to see what I get from it.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Ok I built a mesh Ekowool wick yesterday and used it all day today. I loved my Bamboo wick but hated changing every few days the ekowool all by itself gave me a scratchy throat in my head maybe but I dunno. the ekowool wrapped inside the mesh is perfect if it lasts as long as I think it will I loved how long the ekowool lasted and can't see why the mesh will not last as long or longer some time will tell tho but at the moment i do think this is the best wick i've used yet :)

Can you post some pics? I've not used mesh yet.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
You know....I think we need to plan another family reunion in a few months. There's so much going on, new techniques and such...

....just sayin'.
That would be greta Lisa says it will be in the Pacific Northwest this year can't wait to meet ya Clyde :) Bring Scott too if ya can please

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
never used hemp but as far as cotton I hated it as it would last me half a day or so and be cooked the bamboo would last 2-4 days flavour wise probably comparable

I have switched from cotton to XC132.
hated switching out wicks every day with cotton. Currently my exisiting coil/xc132 at 1.2 ohms setup is going on week 4 with no issues! No performance decrease. Coil still good shape and XC looks almost new. I dry burn every few days. No build up on the coil and the XC stuff is amazing!! Looks completely intact after a month of heavy daily use and dry burns! Practically maintenance free!

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I have switched from cotton to XC132.
hated switching out wicks every day with cotton. Currently my exisiting coil/xc132 at 1.2 ohms setup is going on week 4 with no issues! No performance decrease. Coil still good shape and XC looks almost new. I dry burn every few days. No build up on the coil and the XC stuff is amazing!! Looks completely intact after a month of heavy daily use and dry burns! Practically maintenance free!

Wow, just freakin' wow! Where do you buy this stuff?

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Wow, just freakin' wow! Where do you buy this stuff?

SnG Vapor

$7.00 per foot. You only need 1/2" per wick so a foot will last you a very long time!
Be sure to get the XC-132 NOT XC116 as it is too thick for microcoils. The XC132 is nice & thin comparable to a 1/16" drill bit so great for microcoils. You just slip a paperclip or needle inside the XC sleeving then wrap your coil around it like normal, mount the coil/wick to your RM then slip out the needle and voila, the XC stays inside the coil and your're ready to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread