The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mesh Squonk Atomizers

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by CMD-Ky, Jan 19, 2021.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Highly Esteemed Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I am thinking about buying a mesh atomizer. If anyone has a recommendation or a consideration about making this change, I would be most appreciative of your thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seiggy

Seiggy Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    I'm using two of the Wotofo Profile v1.5 on a Pico 2 squeeze & VandyVape Pulse II. Getting a good vape just remember to squonk to keep that mesh wet. Also running a VandyVape Mesh v2 (I think that's what it's called) on a Dovpo TopSide. About the same as the Profile but I would give the edge to the Profile (personal taste). If you really want to stretch out a bit, try the Zeus X Mesh RTA and/or the Wotofo Profile RDTA. They aren't bad either for your non squonk devices.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kn0ttYFive

Kn0ttYFive Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
    What do you want to know?
    Mesh is all I use, Genesis tanks, In'ax mesh drippers & carto.

4. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Do Tempco and similar non-vape companies sell mesh that's usable in a mesh atty or do you have to basically buy your mesh from a vape retailer in a vape branded package?

5. Kn0ttYFive

Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
    Non vape companies, generally sell raw unclean or chemically treated varieties of mesh material. Basically buy your SS mesh from a reputable vape dealer.
    I get mine from a company called: Mesh by Karlson.
    He actually manufacturers his own mesh materials, and varieties of rope type wires, specifically for Genesis tanks and attys, to be used at lower wattage, with maximum output.. The results from his material are remarkable.

@CMD-Ky
    When you hear Genesis tanks, or attys, most people think, it's complicated to build, and no vapor....holy hell dry hits! Working with mesh wicks ole school style, is very easy to work with, and wrapping the coil is straight forward.

In'ax dripper with the bottom feed pin is a very good atty for squonking, and easy to build. It's a Genesis Dripper. I use them,.
    My other go to is the In"ax Carto. It's basically a Genesis style Cartomizer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kn0ttYFive

Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
    Here's a build I did a couple days ago.
    It should look something like this. (under the hood)

It's all about your build, and materials. You wouldn't think that this tiny Genesis would perform this well, but they can if built properly.
    Check the vid.
    In'ax Carto v1
    Mesh by Karlson,
    CATenary Rope
    2/3 wraps @ .67ohm at only 10.5w
    Juice is 60vg.

2021-02-15_17.55.05.jpg

2021-02-15_17.56.34.jpg

2021-02-16_13.29.04.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    OK. thanks.

8. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Highly Esteemed Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    @Kn0ttYFive

Thank you, very helpful. You gave everything I need to know to get going. I am going to give one a try.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    The last couple of years that I vaped I only used mesh atty's. Have 29 of them, and 23 of them are squonk mesh RDA's. The 10 Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA's, 10 Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's and 3 Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's are squonkers, and were favored in that order. I also have 6 Wotofo Unity Mesh RTA's that I ran on mech's and TC's.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    I used some non vape SS sheet mesh in the mesh RDA's that was left over from the long ago genesis atty days. That said the mesh from the vape companies is easier. I mostly used OFRF nexMESH and Wotofo mesh in mine (and Firebolt Cotton Wicking) FWIW.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    Agree, the Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA's and Wotofo Profile Unity Mesh RTA's are about as easy as it gets in squonk RDA's and RTA's with their spring loaded decks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Coolsiggy

Coolsiggy Senior Member ECF Veteran

My favorite combo is a Profile 1.5 with a Dovpo Carbon Dual, love the YiHI board. The worst is the Dovpo Topside Lite which is really great but let down by a very poor board.

• Informative Informative x 2