messages for jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCordRM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Actually, I can see it for a location group to keep suppliers from spamming...
but, uh, the people in this social group have already bought (or in the process of buying)
HIS product. I think it's awesome to have a thread for open dialogue between buyers
and the specific supplier. :)

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Laws are meant to be amended ;)

Like MC said, I can see not allowing a supplier to join a location or interest based groups (well not really but I'll play along), but it is beyond ridiculous that a supplier can't join a group that is based solely on that suppliers product.

You don't have to open it up for all suppliers to be able to join all groups. Just the one group for any given supplier. Jeff should be able to join this group, Rob should be able to join the SB group, etc.

So who do I (and every other chucklehead, if that's what it takes) have to PM to get this changed??

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
I would have to believe that the founders of a fine forum like this would be interested in the points of view of its members.

I just wanted to know who's ultimately able to make the decision so I can give them my thoughts and maybe get a logical reason as to why "it isn't going to happen".
Since you've tried with no luck, I'm going to assume it's not you making the decision, so I don't want to keep bugging you with it.

So who is it?

I really just want to know why. I feel like I'm being treated like a three year old when someone tells me, "that's just the way it is, because we said so."

Just ask them (the ultimate decision makers) to post their reasoning here and we'll see if their logic can stand on its own merits. (I have my doubts)

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Maybe because there is a reason to what you think is madness... I do not own a chuck (maybe not yet) and if a supplier was allowed to post in one(and talk "business") then all suppliers will want to jump in.... There is a structure to prevent true commotion
I just though to point that out.... there is ways to communicate to suppliers with out breaking the rules

I only state this to ease your mind a bit with understanding. I am not trying to degrade the intent(one side it is a great idea, the other not so)

I am sorry to jump in and I won't do it again...

I hope u understand

EDIT: I know there are tons of typos :p

Last edited:

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Thanks Sinister, I thought that was who it was but wasn't sure.

BTW Angus... I'm not trying to stir up trouble, and I don't even know if Jeff cares that he's not allowed in here, but like I said before... I just hate being told, "that's just the way it is and you can't change it". To me that's just an invitation to try to change it. ;)

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Thank you, Light, for trying to ease my mind. And you have a valid point (kinda). I agree that any other supplier should not be allowed in here. Just like I would agree that Jeff should not be allowed in the SB group. But I do think Rob(from altsmoke) should be allowed in the SB group (it's his product).
I think it is a good rule, but every rule should have its exceptions. And the exception that I would like to see in this case is:
No supplier shall be allowed to join a social group except if that group is dedicated solely to that suppliers product.

Edit: BTW, Light do not be 'sorry to jump in' I like hearing everyone's opinion, whether I agree with it or not. (that's not to say I disagree with yours either. I appreciate your insights)

Last edited:

gregg perrelli

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
landing nj
do the people in charge relies that any supplier can have an acount with a different name and join any group they want. and use that name to push any thing they want with out any one knowing who they are. i think that may make this point moot. but any way jeff can still read whats in a social group with out joining. can we just restart this thred and only use it to tell jeff something and then he can repond with an email or a pm. the way i figure it there are many times where a responce is not needed. and this way we dont fill up his inbox.

crunkNASTY

Moved On
Nov 19, 2009
parts unknown, Tx
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: Spammer

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
There's usually reasons behind everything. :)

Just pure speculation... but suppliers pay a monthly fee to have their own forum. If anyone can start a group for a specific mod and the mod creator were able to join and interact, then what is the point in having supplier forums? I'll bet supplier fees are a part of what keeps this forum as a whole running (since server hosting and such costs money).

I don't know if Jeff is on the list to be a sponsoring supplier and is awaiting his own forum, in which case he could moderate and post, etc. But he seems to get plenty of orders via word of mouth so not sure if he's even expressed an interest in that.

So there are options for Jeff to interact with the chuckleheads if he got his own forum, but unless that happens rules is rules so it's status quo. Not that it would hurt to let SJ know how you feel, but I can see reasons why it's the way it is. SJ just may not want to share those with us.

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
do the people in charge relies that any supplier can have an acount with a different name and join any group they want. and use that name to push any thing they want with out any one knowing who they are.

From what I've read, the powers that be can tell if you sign up for more than one account and will shut it down. Technical ways of telling like IP addresses and stuff like that (way above my head).

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
From what I've read, the powers that be can tell if you sign up for more than one account and will shut it down. Technical ways of telling like IP addresses and stuff like that (way above my head).

Yep. We have some pretty tech savvy guys who catch this kind of thing all the time. It's not advisable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread