"Messy" atomizer mesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylecoberly

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Castle Rock, CO
www.facesofradio.com
I was looking into my new Eastmall 501 atomizers, and I didn't think too much of it at the time, but the mesh inside these looks super messy compared to my 901s. I initially thought that maybe they just looked different because they were 501s and I'd never seen one before, but now I'm thinking this might be a symptom of these "bad atomizer batches" that folks are talking about. I just ordered some Joye 501 attys from Vaporkings to be sure. Anybody know if this is normal? I don't have a camera handy, but it looks like it's spilling out from under the bridge and from around the sides, and it's the same on all 3 EM attys I have.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I was looking into my new Eastmall 501 atomizers, and I didn't think too much of it at the time, but the mesh inside these looks super messy compared to my 901s. I initially thought that maybe they just looked different because they were 501s and I'd never seen one before, but now I'm thinking this might be a symptom of these "bad atomizer batches" that folks are talking about. I just ordered some Joye 501 attys from Vaporkings to be sure. Anybody know if this is normal? I don't have a camera handy, but it looks like it's spilling out from under the bridge and from around the sides, and it's the same on all 3 EM attys I have.

Joye 510 atomizers have more mesh than other attys. The ohm rating on the 510 is lower than most - burns hotter - so the metal mesh helps keep the coil wetter. 901, 801 and some SLB 510's don't have any metal mesh at that base like the Joye 510 does. So what you describe is normal for the Joye 510.

It could be the case that you have some of the cartidge filler in atty but that should be rather apparent if that's the case. Also the Joye 510, more than other attys has a fiber that is weaved throughout the metal mesh and that can sometimes be 'showing' - best not to mess with it. It is not as stringy as the OEM filler but many people mistake it for filler and pull it out. That usually ruins the atty for cartridges.

But again, you're probably just seeing the metal mesh at the base of the Joye 510 atty that isn't present in the 901s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread