Metallic taste with new Smart-20 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyvapr

Mar 15, 2015
Wyoming
I got a new Smart-20 mod. It's an iLeaf iStick clone. I also got an Aspire ET tank and I use BVC coils. I prefer the BVCs over the BDCs because the BDCs were spitting ejuice into my mouth. I was getting an awful metallic taste in my mouth with the old Aspire tank I was using and the Smart-20 display stated that the BVC coil was defective. I actually threw up twice last night because of the metal. So I put the Aspire ET (not glass) on and it is far better, however I am still getting a metallic taste and not much flavor. My old eVic was on its last leg and not performing well. I love the nice stable big clouds of vapor. Any thoughts on why the metal? I'm wondering if the Aspire BVC coils are bad. Thanks in advance for your help!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I got a new Smart-20 mod. It's an iLeaf iStick clone. I also got an Aspire ET tank and I use BVC coils. I prefer the BVCs over the BDCs because the BDCs were spitting ejuice into my mouth. I was getting an awful metallic taste in my mouth with the old Aspire tank I was using and the Smart-20 display stated that the BVC coil was defective. I actually threw up twice last night because of the metal. So I put the Aspire ET (not glass) on and it is far better, however I am still getting a metallic taste and not much flavor. My old eVic was on its last leg and not performing well. I love the nice stable big clouds of vapor. Any thoughts on why the metal? I'm wondering if the Aspire BVC coils are bad. Thanks in advance for your help!

maybe the batch of coils are nichome instead of kanthal.
that's one of the things about replaceable; you never know what might change

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Joshua Tree, CA
I used to use BDC coils in my Nautilus tanks. When the BVCs came out I switched and noticed that they heat up much faster being a single rather than dual coil design. I prime them with a couple of drops of juice like oneperiod suggested and let the tank sit for a few minutes before using it. I also run them at a slightly lower wattage than the BDCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread