Metallic Tasting Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Every copper/brass rda I've seen is the same way, not sure multiple companies would market a product like that if that were the case?
Just because other ''companies'' sell copper tanks,still dont make it safe,are cigarettes safe?...when it comes too money,some ''companies'' only care about the bottom line,not your health,my advice...dump the thing.Get the SS model and use the copper version for spare parts.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Copper can form quite a few toxic compounds itself for example Copper(II) acetate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . That's why you should always be careful with copper and anything food related. If you clean your cap with vinegar for example you really have to rinse it properly. And you have to be careful that there is no vinegar in your juice and sometimes there is because it makes fruity flavours "pop" more. Stainless and other materials don't pose a threat because they are very resistant and inert. Sure stainless steels has chromium in it but it stays there. Copper can corrode more easily and then you ingest it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...the_new_trend_of_the_rda_scene_is_purchasing/

I got a SS Stillare clone and I never experienced any metallic taste.('less it was a super dry hit which rarely occurs) I say go for a SS Stillare.

But I did notice over the course of 3-4 months the "gold plated" posts faded to a stainless steel. I'm kinda puzzled at what happened to the gold plating; guess I have gold-plated lungs now hahaha :blink: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread