ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
CoV Mini Volt with the Hobo 3.1
UF5Zuusl.jpg

It's about the same size as the Genelocity tank... :D
mvTQtM7l.jpg

The GEM is what lives on the Mini Volt 90% of the time.
p3SBmcll.jpg

I needs me a Target Mini! :D

Still the prettiest of the micros imo
24639996112_5365340198_o.gif

The only reason I don't own one is that I vape in TC mode only.

Have you had yours for a long time? I've heard they have a tendency to die rather quickly sadly.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Great collection @Katdarling

Digging the Zippo-vape, you obviously been in to these a little longer then I :)

Actually, if our join dates are any indication of how long we've been into this, then you are precisely ONE DAY ahead of me! :shock:

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Actually, if our join dates are any indication of how long we've been into this, then you are precisely ONE DAY ahead of me! :shock:

Haha, I never noticed that, that's a funny coincidence!

I've mostly been using Ego's since that date though, I didn't buy my first box mod & RTA until earlier this year!

So I'm basically still a noob at all this :)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Still the prettiest of the micros imo

The only reason I don't own one is that I vape in TC mode only.

Have you had yours for a long time? I've heard they have a tendency to die rather quickly sadly.
Thanks!
I just run 0.8 - 1.1 ohm builds on it at 15 - 20W so I really don't have a need TC with it. I have had it a few months, so "Knock Wood", I hopefully have one of the more durable ones.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I've been using an ego type mod (Johnson Creek) for over a year before I joined but I went back to cigarettes until I got my first box mod (Innokin MVP2) and joined this forum. Tomorrow will mark 2 yrs since I had an analog.

Yeah, it seems that I'm one of the few who got off cigs with just an Ego.

To be fair I had quit smoking before at the start of this century without using an alternative, but started again a few years later. When I was quitting the second time with the help of an Ego I was already down to one cigarette in the morning and one after diner. Well, plus a package or so when I was drinking, lol, which luckily doesn't happen too often.

It's just a fun hobby for me now, I like the hand to mouth action and the inhaling but I mix my juice down to less then one mg and only keep using it because vaping without nic didn't make sense to me.

I still smoke something sometimes, but I'm not allowed to discuss that on this forum so just pretend you didn't read that please :p

2 years is a great anniversary though, I'm expecting cake tomorrow!
haw.gif

Thanks!
I just run 0.8 - 1.1 ohm builds on it at 15 - 20W so I really don't have a need TC with it. I have had it a few months, so "Knock Wood", I hopefully have one of the more durable ones.

Nice, fingers crossed indeed ;)

I think it was KTM who said not to plug it on to a charger when the screen is still lit, is that how you kept yours alive too?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

I think it was KTM who said not to plug it on to a charger when the screen is still lit, is that how you kept yours alive too?
Yes indeed, I follow those instructions religiously. Shut the unit off and then plug it in. I have not had any issues yet with charging.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Haha, I never noticed that, that's a funny coincidence!

I've mostly been using Ego's since that date though, I didn't buy my first box mod & RTA until earlier this year!

So I'm basically still a noob at all this :)

Yeah, it seems that I'm one of the few who got off cigs with just an Ego.

To be fair I had quit smoking before at the start of this century without using an alternative, but started again a few years later. When I was quitting the second time with the help of an Ego I was already down to one cigarette in the morning and one after diner. Well, plus a package or so when I was drinking, lol, which luckily doesn't happen too often.

It's just a fun hobby for me now, I like the hand to mouth action and the inhaling but I mix my juice down to less then one mg and only keep using it because vaping without nic didn't make sense to me.

I still smoke something sometimes, but I'm not allowed to discuss that on this forum so just pretend you didn't read that please :p

2 years is a great anniversary though, I'm expecting cake tomorrow! View attachment 577915

I too, used eGos for a bit, but only AFTER using cigalikes (and actually QUIT with those silly little powerless things). After just a couple of months and thanks to all the super smart enablers around here, I jumped in and started collecting big time. Within 6 months-ish, I had acquired a Darwin, a Reo, and a Provi.

Happy almost 2 years smoke-free, KTM!!

Oh, and OTA, you certainly MAY discuss smoking on this forum. I can guarantee that you're not the only dual user. There are threads dedicated to just that subject.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I too, used eGos for a bit, but only AFTER using cigalikes (and actually QUIT with those silly little powerless things). After just a couple of months and thanks to all the super smart enablers around here, I jumped in and started collecting big time. Within 6 months-ish, I had acquired a Darwin, a Reo, and a Provi.

Happy almost 2 years smoke-free, KTM!!

Oh, and OTA, you certainly MAY discuss smoking on this forum. I can guarantee that you're not the only dual user. There are threads dedicated to just that subject.

I tried a cig-alike from a friend once, and immediately realized I'd have to pay up for the Ego if I was going to buy something, lol. So well done :)

I signed up on this forum to ask some questions about the Ego-T and a after month or two I was satisfied with that one and didn't visit the forum again for a few years. Well, I lurked offline every once in a while but didn't start posting again until this year.

And here we are now.

ps: I do not smoke cigarettes anymore, what were you thinking, that's disgusting! :p
It's the stuff that I sometimes smoke that I can't talk about here, hint hint, nudge nudge, know what I mean ;)

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Ok, I got it! :lol: You can VAPE that, dearie.

I'm terribly sorry I messed up my post and stuck my answers inside of your quote, but you, in brilliance, saw thru my doofusness. Thank you.

When I FIRST started this game of vape, I had no desire to stop smoking at all. In fact, I thought these little e-lec-tron-ic cigarettes were pretty much a joke AND a gimmick. But I thought.... "hmmmm...... maybe some technology there." And I also thought, "hmmmmm..... can't possibly work, so I'll just prove them wrong."

I bought not ONE but TWO starter kits. I knew somehow (intuitively) that those dinky little cigalikes would not last long. So, I always had two with me (for the huge 45 minutes they lasted) and two at home on the charger (who KNEW ya don't charge unattended!). When my 45 minutes with those teensy toys ran out, I RAN HOME. It was that, or buy a pack of Spirits, and I did not.

By the way, I posted here for the first time about an eGo as well! It whistled at me!!

Question about the Ego Tank, and oh yes, I'm a new member here :))

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thank you, Kay. Truly it has been nothing less than a joy ride. I have loved every year of it, and ECF has been the supporting base for everything!

I've learned vape, I've made incredible friends, and had entertainment beyond the imaginable!!

You'll be there soon enuf. Just a short 4.5 years to go. AND! Actually a bit sooner for you, since you're in Aussie Land! :D

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Ok, I got it! :lol: You can VAPE that, dearie.

I'm terribly sorry I messed up my post and stuck my answers inside of your quote, but you, in brilliance, saw thru my doofusness. Thank you.

When I FIRST started this game of vape, I had no desire to stop smoking at all. In fact, I thought these little e-lec-tron-ic cigarettes were pretty much a joke AND a gimmick. But I thought.... "hmmmm...... maybe some technology there." And I also thought, "hmmmmm..... can't possibly work, so I'll just prove them wrong."

I bought not ONE but TWO starter kits. I knew somehow (intuitively) that those dinky little cigalikes would not last long. So, I always had two with me (for the huge 45 minutes they lasted) and two at home on the charger (who KNEW ya don't charge unattended!). When my 45 minutes with those teensy toys ran out, I RAN HOME. It was that, or buy a pack of Spirits, and I did not.

By the way, I posted here for the first time about an eGo as well! It whistled at me!!

Question about the Ego Tank, and oh yes, I'm a new member here :))

Nah, I can't :(

I tried many models for two years or so before I went back to smoking it, I'm so sensitive to heat that I burn my mouth with those devices.

I have the same problem with smaller tank it seems, at least with the Serpent Mini anyway (only stubby I tried so far).

It is a rare thing though luckily, I have yet to come across another person who has the same problem.

& no biggie, I fixed it ;)

I was mostly just curious about vaping e-liquid when I first started. I don't think I had any real expectations about quitting, hope maybe but that's at far as it went. Just wanted to see what the fuzz was about & glad I did!

Haha, I just gave your OP it's first like
haw.gif

I think I've started one of those threads too back then, lets see....yeah, here it is, lol:

newbie/Ego-T

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
@OhTheAgony I understand what you mean.

Sorry guys n gals for hijacking the thread.

I began vaping in order to quit cigarettes and whilst I'm happy to say it worked, vaping has never hit that proverbial spot. I'm not saying I don't enjoy vaping, but it doesn't fully satisfy me; regardless how bad cigarettes were, I still loved the taste and smell of it.

Now I'm trying to branch away from blowing clouds and looking at restrictive DL atomisers, especially tanks, and tobacco flavoured/RY4 e-liquids. I don't know if it'll satisfy me any better, but at least it'll offer me a break from the sweet vapes, which frankly I'm getting a tad sick of.

Anyways OTA, as long as vaping does you some good by at least lowering the amount you smoke, then all the better.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
@OhTheAgony I understand what you mean.

Sorry guys n gals for hijacking the thread.

I began vaping in order to quit cigarettes and whilst I'm happy to say it worked, vaping has never hit that proverbial spot. I'm not saying I don't enjoy vaping, but it doesn't fully satisfy me; regardless how bad cigarettes were, I still loved the taste and smell of it.

Now I'm trying to branch away from blowing clouds and looking at restrictive DL atomisers, especially tanks, and tobacco flavoured/RY4 e-liquids. I don't know if it'll satisfy me any better, but at least it'll offer me a break from the sweet vapes, which frankly I'm getting a tad sick of.

Anyways OTA, as long as vaping does you some good by at least lowering the amount you smoke, then all the better.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

My initial experience was very similar now that I think back, with vapor never fulfilling completely I mean. I don't think that ever really changed until I first used a sub-ohm tank just a few months ago. Since then smoke mostly just disgust me, vapor is just so much nicer and tastier now. Often when I've rolled a J it just sits there for hours because every time I think about lighting it I think "naah, just have a vape instead, it's so much better". It's going pretty naturally luckily.

I started out with tobacco flavors myself by the way, desert ship was always my favorite. I tried a few fruit flavors when I first started but didn't like them at all back then so I stuck with what I liked for years.

Now I DIY and only vape banana or strawberry with some kind of cream in it, lol

I went from MTL do restricted DL, I don't think I'll be taking it any further then that. I like my restricted DL RTAs but I've been looking in to Kayfuns and Hurricanes myself lately, just curious what the fuzz is all about. I have a Hurricane Junior clone on the way actually.

I hope some day you'll find a changing point too anyway, but it might take a while before it comes. Until then; just enjoy the journey I guess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread