Mid-size or Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellow vapers! I am a newbie who just discover vamping about a month ago. I purchased a mini/ecig (G6 from Halo) and I love it, but I am ready to get either a mid size or mod and I need your advice/suggestion? I have my eye on the Nemesis mod, as I understand a mod gives the best flavor and vapor. I love smoking the hooka (tobacco water pipe) so I think the mod will give me the vape equivalent. However, since I am so new to vaping I don't know if I would be in over my head with a mod. I don't like to tinker nor want a PV that requires a lot of work/maintenance, but I want a PV with great flavor and vapor.

With the all that said, should I get a Nemesis mod at this point? Or purchase a mid-size (like the Halo Triton)? Anyone who has a Nemesis, how easy or hard is it to maintain? Is it a good mod to get?

thanks all!

diller_01

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
sudbury, On
I second the evic. Have one now, and used to have an iTaste MVP. I think the evic is better in the sense that it looks like an ecig (kinda) but doesn't weigh as much as the MVP. The MVP was just a big box and I had weird looks from a lot of people when standing outside vaping it. Either way, if your new to vaping, I wouldn't go to the big mod like a provari just yet. Get used to what you have and play with it. This way when you get to the provari you will enjoy it a lot better, especially since you will drop big bucks on it!

Sontu

Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
South Carolina
If you don't like to tinker I probably wouldn't get a mechanical mod unless you get a Kick as well. To me I can't find my vape sweet spot on a mechanical unless I'm building my own coils or using the kick. The off battery voltage on higher resistance coils just doesn't cut it for me. You would probably do better with something vv/vw like the Provari, Vamo, iTaste etc.

That being said I have a Nemesis and its a great mod. There isn't really much to maintain, every now and then I'll take a microfiber cloth and give the body and contacts a wipe down but that's it.

DorsaiMaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
The evic is a nice vv/vw, but I would also recommend that you look at the Innokin SVD as well. The evic is loaded with lots of options, the SVD seems a bit more straightforward to me. Ultimately you will find a device that you like. I would recommend staying away from mechanical mods until you have more experience and a good understanding of batteries, ohms and voltage. Just my opinion.

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
If you're okay with the size of a mod it's definitely going to be the most cost effective and reliable way to go. Mechs aren't nearly as complicated as people seem to think. What can be complicated is RBAs because that's when all of the battery knowledge comes into play and the danger of overloading your battery. Since RBAs really are the only way to fine tune your power on a mech, I would recommend starting out with a VV/VW device. All of the mods mentioned so far would be user friendly devices that you could use for years. You may want to also look into the vamo, and depending on the budget, the provari.

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Ok, wow! From a G6 to a Nemesis is a HUGE leap. Only go with a mec mod if you are also going into rebuilable tanks. That's really what mec mods are made for as you can easily run lower ohms with them.

If you are looking to jump into an advanced eGo system, I'd go with an iTaste VV v3. They simply rock and have both VV and VW settings and an ohms checker from a very small device. Pair it with a few iClear 16's, and you are ready to vape your face off. Better yet with some Evods, Protanks, or Davide tanks. I'd stear clear of the Vivi Nova's as they're a bit outdated at this point.

If you are looking to jump into mods, I'd go for an MVP 2.0 (the little beastie box mod). It rocks, lasts for days, and almost every tank fits on it.

Good luck, and watch a ton of YouTube videos, read the forums, and keep asking questions. It's ok, embrace your newbieness. I have.

Last edited:

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Hi fellow vapers! I am a newbie who just discover vamping about a month ago. I purchased a mini/ecig (G6 from Halo) and I love it, but I am ready to get either a mid size or mod and I need your advice/suggestion? ... I don't like to tinker nor want a PV that requires a lot of work/maintenance, but I want a PV with great flavor and vapor. With the all that said, should I get a Nemesis mod at this point? Or purchase a mid-size (like the Halo Triton)? Anyone who has a Nemesis, how easy or hard is it to maintain? Is it a good mod to get?
Most veterans here would not recommend that a new vaper dive immediately into mechanical mods. You ought to spend some time studying battery safety before getting any mod, and if you want a mechanical mod you should spend some additional time studying Ohm's Law and mechanical mod safety as well (there are many resources, these links are just examples). With a mechanical mod, you are the only safety feature. Even if you're using a Kick or fuse, as I am doing, you will need to be very careful.

If you're looking for flavor and vapor, I think some of the biggest factors will be the juice (e.g. the PG/VG ratio) and what you're putting it into (dripping atomizer, clearomizer, cartomizer). You can get pretty satisfying flavor and vapor from an eGo-style battery without any mod at all. Resistance and voltage can be adjusted even on that kind of equipment.

I'm not saying this to discourage you from getting a mod. Far from it! I have two mechanical mods of my own and I love them. Other people here love their regulated mods. Some of us, though certainly not all of us, wish they had skipped eGo-style batteries. I'm just asking you to take the time to really figure out what you want (and don't want) in a vaping experience and what you'll need to know and do to get that experience. :)

grayscale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
DFW
Welcome! First thing that comes to mind is that you may have some of your terminology or idea of whats what a little confused. Mods, mechs, much mods, etc all have different traits. My suggestion would be to read about a good bit before drawing any conclusions. Also, since your concern is being new to all this, go with something tried and true to start with. The innokken SVD is a good suggestion. But most of all, have fun and enjoy!

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
Yeah, you don't have to use RBAs on a mech. We were all using mechs long before RBAs came to be because they were the only mods in existence. As I said though, without VV lowering your resistance is the only way to adjust the power which means either pre-defined resistance levels in the cartos you buy or rebuilding. Since rebuilding really isn't something to do without really doing your research I would go with a VV/VW device. The vamo would probably be your best bang for the buck at about $30 from fasttech. One thing though with any fasttech mod, don't buy the kit. Buy the mod itself separately and better batteries and charger

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Ok, wow! From a G6 to a Nemesis is a HUGE leap.

If you are looking to jump into an advanced eGo system, I'd go with an iTaste VV v3.

If you are looking to jump into mods, I'd go for an MVP 2.0 (the little beastie box mod). It rocks, lasts for days, and almost every tank fits on it.

like ^^^^^

I'm 1.5 years in and I agree with Ruby.

I do like newbies to have mods with circuitry and some protection, until they learn more about batteries, battery safety, chargers and charging, ohms and wattages. Safer and easier and less fiddly for you

Good luck and enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread