stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
@supergrover you just said the opposite that you did in your other thread
"I did not want some huge itaste monster to start my vaping experience."
"I had no idea how huge it was"

@stevegmu: you're familiar with vamo and provari but haven't heard of joye?

You guys lack lack subtly and are really bad at this.

No. I don't buy anything from fasttech.

Joe13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I quit smoking with my Triton about a month ago. As a newbie, I found the options for vaping hardware were overwhelming. While it's certainly true that 510/eGo threading is more compatible, this can totally be a bad thing when you don't know where the hell to begin.

Ask a question like "What size battery should I get?" or "What tank should I use?", and you'll get 20 different answers from 20 different people.

Options are great, but don't forget why you're here: To quit smoking, right? Someone attempting an ascent of Mt. Everest doesn't need 100 different route options - They need just that one single path with the least amount of frustration involved. That's why I went with Halo.

The Triton starter kits have built-in redundancy - Two batteries and two tanks. This is essential. I don't care what unit you buy - You still need a backup for it.

I have a G25 pyrex Protank knock-off that works great with an adapter (about $2.50) on my Triton batteries. I'm intrigued by operating RBA's and RDA's on VV and VW devices. Perhaps I'll get a Mod some day to play around with these things.

But I have a feeling I'll still be using my Tritons.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Wow, interesting threads and comments. I have a Halo Triton VV and love it. I've had zero issues-no leaks, no weak batteries, fast shipping and it got me off analogs. Not to mention 4-5 of my ADV juices are Halo so one big shipment, plus I earn reward points towards free liquids, I'd say, it's been awesome. I hate having my cc number out there to all these different companies..prefer the security of ordering from one or two reliable, safe vendors.

Now looking at a mech mod to a Trition VV, well not too much to compare since they are entirely different. I guess if someone wants to venture into trying a bunch of new tanks, dripping, bcc, then maybe the Trition wouldn't work unless an adapter is purchased which can be done too.

I think Halos stuff has been extremely reliable and I love my Triton VV. it's all a matter of preference

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
Thanks All! I don't really care about using a bunch of different tanks and such. I just want great big vapor clouds and yummy flavor (I loved smoking the hooka). Will the Triton vv give me that experience?

You might change your mind in the future about trying another tank or battery and then your stuff would be incompatible. The nice thing about standard threads is that even if you got a provari, your existing tanks would fit it. Here's a couple that won't limit your options in the future. Compatible with all the popular tanks like the protank, eVod, vivi nova ect.

This is from Your Online Electronic Cigarette Store - AltSmoke at a similar price with a a charger that wont leave your battery sticking out of the side of the computer (Who wants that?) . Joye batteries are known for quality and have been around for a long time. Also a wall adapter for convenience.
AltSmokeKit.jpg

Here's a lower cost group of similar items from DiscountVapers - Your source for savings on electronic cigarettes and accessories, Go-go eGo, vGo
DiscountVapersKit.jpg

If you find the T2's too airy or cool, try a top coil atomizer like the CE5(cheap) or Vision Vivi Nova (my favorite) for a warmer vapor.
You can also pick up a Variable voltage battery like the twist or spinner just about anywhere that sells e-cig stuff to have an adjustment in the temperature. It's nice knowing you can go to any vendor for compatible stuff. Check out the forum suppliers link at the top of the page if you want to shop around to try to save even more.

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
You might change your mind in the future about trying another tank or battery and then your stuff would be incompatible. The nice thing about standard threads is that even if you got a provari, your existing tanks would fit it. Here's a couple that won't limit your options in the future. Compatible with all the popular tanks like the protank, eVod, vivi nova ect.

This is from Your Online Electronic Cigarette Store - AltSmoke at a similar price with a a charger that wont leave your battery sticking out of the side of the computer (Who wants that?) . Joye batteries are known for quality and have been around for a long time. Also a wall adapter for convenience.
View attachment 265611

Here's a lower cost group of similar items from DiscountVapers - Your source for savings on electronic cigarettes and accessories, Go-go eGo, vGo
View attachment 265617

If you find the T2's too airy or cool, try a top coil atomizer like the CE5(cheap) or Vision Vivi Nova (my favorite) for a warmer vapor.
You can also pick up a Variable voltage battery like the twist or spinner just about anywhere that sells e-cig stuff to have an adjustment in the temperature. It's nice knowing you can go to any vendor for compatible stuff. Check out the forum suppliers link at the top of the page if you want to shop around to try to save even more.

T2's are top coil clearomizers.

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
Gotta love the Internet... where people who don't even own the products they hype and bash can pass off 2nd and 3rd hand knowledge like it's the gospel. Poor OP.

I would go with the Triton kit for reasons already stated by stevegmu and jefsview. And yes, there are numerous Tritons in this household, along with cigalikes, mech mods, Provaris, an SVD and other assorted flavors of PVs.

vicflo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2009
Virginia
Gotta love the internet indeed.

just one thing though. joyetech is one of the pioneer companies of vaping. they are very very very far from being "just something from Fasttech". in fact there are only 3 items on fasttech under the joyetech brand 1 evic kit and 2 eroll kits..

Joyetech electronic cigarette, Tank System, Changeable System, eMode, eGo-CC, eVic, eRoll, eGo-C, eGo-T, 510-T, e-Liquid

if anything you can bash copies and clones but its kind of hard to bash one of the companies that started it all in which most current devices are based from, including the Halo you guys speak of.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Gotta love the internet indeed.

just one thing though. joyetech is one of the pioneer companies of vaping. they are very very very far from being "just something from Fasttech". in fact there are only 3 items on fasttech under the joyetech brand 1 evic kit and 2 eroll kits..

Joyetech electronic cigarette, Tank System, Changeable System, eMode, eGo-CC, eVic, eRoll, eGo-C, eGo-T, 510-T, e-Liquid

if anything you can bash copies and clones but its kind of hard to bash one of the companies that started it all in which most current devices are based from, including the Halo you guys speak of.

Hhmmm, are you sure about that? I thought that to, until I read this:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ce-lack-joyetech-products-major-websites.html

My friend and I started about the same time- I went the Halo route after a lot of research, she went w/an Esmart, moved up to an EVod, then she bought a Trition VV. Her EVod kit had two batts, one died in a week, she had leaking tanks and the flavors seemed muted. She tried my Trition VV and was hooked.

Whatever works to get off analogs is the key. I wanted an easy set up, no issues and just fill and vape. I wasn't into fixing this, trying that because I was new, no patience and had horrible nic fits. Halo did this for me and I'm so happy that it worked.

As far as more vapor, a lot of that depends on your PG/VG ratio and the juices you use. And finding flavors you like can be extremely difficult because everyone has their favs and everyone's tastes r so diff. Buy sample packs!!!! That way your not stuck w/a big sized bottle that you hate. A lot of vendors offer sample packs and some are ready to vape as soon as you get them, but some need to age a little.

Good luck in whatever you choose!!! If you go Halo, go right for the VV, IMO. I went from G6 to VV in like three weeks and love my VV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread