Might sell my 901

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Yeah man, I am a hypocrite. Subconsciously, I will find every excuse to keep smoking cigarettes even though they are killing me. Im a pretty sick heavy smoker, so worrying about certain **** is probably ......ed on my part. I guess right now I am debating whether to go the E-cig route or try snus or something else.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Yeah man, I am a hypocrite. Subconsciously, I will find every excuse to keep smoking cigarettes even though they are killing me. Im a pretty sick heavy smoker, so worrying about certain **** is probably ......ed on my part. I guess right now I am debating whether to go the E-cig route or try snus or something else.

I think "hypocrite" is a bit strong. ;)

Most of us have had all sorts of excuses about why we couldn't/wouldn't quit smoking. The simple truth for me is that I had a love/hate relationship with cigarettes. As much as I hated them, I loved 'em . . . my toxic best friend. :mad:

vaping is, imo, a much better best friend . . . definitely less smelly. ;)

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
Meh...don't be too critical. If you enjoy analogs, enjoy it. If I were you, just think of vaping as nothing more than an alternative when you finally have the desire to switch. No one should be preaching to you about your decision of not wanting to vape. That's the right that you do have.

Laying the pro's and con's on the table for those interested is one thing. Anyone who talks down to you for not choosing to vape is extremely hypocritical and being worse than the people most smokers despise. The anti-smoker. Why do I say worse? Simple. The anti-smoker preaches about smokers needing to stop; the e-smoker, turned anti-smoker preaches that you should quit cigarette smoking, yet continue your addiction in another form.

I myself am new to vaping, like 4 days new.
Yes, I haven't had any desire to smoke analogs.
Yes, I have had more desire to vape.
Yes, I believe it's safer for myself.
Yes, I think it will be cheaper in the long haul...if I could just cut up my credit card.
Yes, It's fun controlling my intake and making my own flavors.
Yes, I had the desire to switch. This is the most important of all when considering to quit cigarettes. But you don't have to quit because you started vaping either.

And a resounding No, it isn't exactly like smoking.
In good and bad ways.

I now have invested almost $600 in a matter of 4 days. Not all for myself, I assumed my wife would make the switch with me when I introduced it to her. I mistaken a nod for an indefinite yes, when it actually meant...she's willing to try it.

She tried it for a day, maybe a day and a half, and gave up on it. She preferred the taste of an analog cigarette. She still uses it, but still smoke her analogs. Oh, well I guess, more for me. But, I won't dare try to press the issue with her. I know she can quit anytime she wants, since she's done it every time I got her pregnant.

Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
google these two words "nicotine kidney" It seems that if you have kidney problems or diabetic, nicotine can damage your kidneys according to these studys. You decide.

But, you are already doing the same damage by smoking analogs, plus you get the extra carcinogens at no extra charge:thumbs:

I did not see anyone here advocating taking up vaping with nic juice as a substitute for already not smoking......

If you are at the point of kidney failure, you will probably be in the hospital and not smoking or vaping anything.

Try to focus on the topic at hand..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread