Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Long time no see, ECF. I thought I'd pop in and update y'all where I'm at in the vaping world. Going on almost 4 years as a straight vaper now.

My Trusty IPV D2 died in a tragic accident when it hit a cement floor tank first and rammed the connector back into the box. Also shattered the tank. I tried a Smok XPro M65 and hated it. Screws on the battery door? Really? Also, it never seemed to regulate correctly and it had to go.

My current setup is a Smok AL85 Baby Alien with an OBS Engine tank. The Baby Alien is leaps and bounds over the XPro. I almost talked myself out of buying it because I've never had good results with Smok products. Tanks leaked everywhere and my XPro was just sub par all the way around. I'm glad I gave them another shot with this one though. It's a superb little mod!

A bit on the OBS Engine tank- This thing is a godsend. The top airflow practically eliminates leaks altogether. It produces amazing vapor with terrific flavor. It is by far my most favorite tank ever.

Love both but they are both very juice and battery hungry. It might have something to do with the fact that my current coil builds are running between 0.18 and 0.19 ohms and I'm running at 45 watts. Single 18650's just don't seem to last long at that rate. :D I still occasionally use an Apollo mech mod with a Derringer dripper atty as well. (Just whenever I want to change things up a bit.)

I've been vaping up liters of Swagg Sauce eliquids. Swagg is great stuff and dirt cheap. You need to give them about a week of steeping time to get them at their best but the wait is worth it. Currently vaping a mix of Watermelon Candy, Raspberry and Kiwi Fruit.

On that note, I am also down to 6mg eliquids now. When I first started exploring vaping, I was using 36mg liquids...... But all I had were eGo batteries and 3.0 ohm cartomizers to work with. I couldn't imagine 36mg on a 0.18 ohm build at 45 watts!! So anyway, I think a 30mg drop is a pretty significant improvement!

Sorry this post got so long winded. There was a lot to update, apparently. :D
So what have y'all been up to?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thank you!

I'm never sure how long I'll be around but I always have fun while I'm here!

Yeah, I've done my fair share of popping in and out since I've joined too..

But your so right. It can be an absolute blast around here! :)

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Welcome back.
Wow. Member since 2010. Back in the old days when things were black and white (or so I hear).

Nice to have you on back on board Willie, I'm sure you can help me more than I can help you.

I'll be in touch ;)

Well, not EVERYTHING was black and white. I think Blu had just come out about then. :D

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
Blu was my first e-cig :) It was love at first vape... kinda..

I'm using the OBS Engine Nano at 0.34 ohm at 40 watts on a triple 18650 and only use it as a desk mod when working due to battery life and juice consumption. They do need to be fed well!

Welcome back! :thumb:

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Blu was my first e-cig :) It was love at first vape... kinda..

I'm using the OBS Engine Nano at 0.34 ohm at 40 watts on a triple 18650 and only use it as a desk mod when working due to battery life and juice consumption. They do need to be fed well!

Welcome back! :thumb:

They suck up that much power even on a triple 18650?
Wow!

As here, nice to meet you WillieB69[emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Good to meet you too, Tonee! :)

Reactions: Opinionated

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
Jun 1, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread