Status
Not open for further replies.

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
So after hearing so much about dripping, I decided to Take the leap and get a mini rda. So a few questions...
the guy at the stop took out the polyester wick and re did the coil.....
first he used cotton balls and sliced them is this the best or should I be using cotton wick?
second he re did the coil... What wire do I need to get to recoil it myself.....

Also the rda would not work with my vv ego battery.. Weird right?
lastly where are a few places I can get the supplies needed?

And one other thing, how many of you vape in your place of work? :confused:

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Yup if you're going to rebuild you will need a way to test Ohms with a multimeter, Ohm meter or Mod that can read Ohms.

You're best bet is to watch a bunch of youtube videos on coil building. I prefer microcoils as they are incredibly easy to build and rewick. For a VV battery, IMO you are best to stay between 1.8 and 2.5 Ohms.

I have a Smok Mini RDA (and a patriot clone) and use mostly 30 or 32 gauge wire.

I have the following Ohm meter and it works great: Ohms Meter - 101 Vape

(I also have a multimeter, MVP2 and Sigelei Zmax that can read Ohms)

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
like mentioned above the shop rep probably build a coil that wont work on a vv ego. Most of them dont know much of what they are doing at the shops from my experience. Your best best would to be watch some youtube video's, buy some kanthal and a ohm meter or multimeter.

as far as the wicking material you can use cotton in various forms. for the cotton balls you just need to pinch off small chunks and compressing them down to fit into the coils. There is a debate on boiling and drying out the cotton before use. the wife uses cotton yarn and prefer's boiled, I use cotton balls and dont boil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread