Mini Recomendations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
What do you mean by a mini kit? Are you looking for something like a single 18650 mod, an internal battery, or a pod mod?

Apart from the pod mods, the Zenith/Zlide seems to be the favourite MTL drop-in coil atomizer at the moment. Innokin offers it with a few different mods:
If a pod is more your style, try checking out some of the threads in the pod forum: Vape Pod Systems.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Sorry. Yes a single 18650 mod. I have the Nord 2 and want to get a mod kit with everything needed in it. I am new and dont have a grasp on the proper lingo yet.

No problem. Like so much else, vaping has its own jargon and it takes a while to pick things up. You may already know this, but in case you don't I'll mention that a 'kit' usually means just a mod and tank - replaceable batteries and accessories aren't included. That's just as well in some ways, because it's better (safer - lower risk of dangerous counterfeits or lousy off-brand batteries) to buy batteries from a trusted supplier. As well as the kit, extra coils, and your ejuice, you'll probably want:
  • Batteries
  • External charger (generally recommended over in-mod charging)
  • A battery case or box (never carry a lion battery loose - people's pockets have been known to catch on fire)
  • A few battery wraps (if a battery's plastic wrap is damaged, do not use it until you've replaced the wrap. Fortunately, wraps are cheap and it takes no more than 5 minutes or so to replace one.)
Mooch, our resident battery guru, produces a chart of recommended vaping batteries. You can find it here. As an MTL vaper, you'll probably want one of these models:
  • Samsung 30Q
  • LG HG2
  • Sony/Murata VTC6
If you look at the chart, the blue row lists the 'trusted suppliers' I mentioned earlier. They'll also carry chargers, cases and wraps, so you can pick them up at the same time.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
So the Kroma R Zlide kit has 1.2 or 1.4 coils with it?

I believe a 1.2 is available for it, but it’ll say in the description when you buy it whether it comes with or not. I have a couple Zlides here somewhere still in the box but I’ll be darned I can find them right now.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Like so much else, vaping has its own jargon and it takes a while to pick things up.
    Welcome to ECF, hothrebel. I can't really recommend any kits to you. The only kits I ever bought were when I was in the eGo/CE4 stage of vaping, that was about 5 years ago. You have gotten some good suggestions so far. This place and the people here are real good for that, no doubt about it.

Reactions: Hawise

hothrebel

Feb 7, 2020
    Welcome to ECF, hothrebel. I can't really recommend any kits to you. The only kits I ever bought were when I was in the eGo/CE4 stage of vaping, that was about 5 years ago. You have gotten some good suggestions so far. This place and the people here are real good for that, no doubt about it.

Thanks. I agree. Everyone has been very kind and helpful to me.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If you can't find a Kroma-R kit with Zlide tank I found the mod and tank separately at myvaporstore.

Innokin's stuff is pricey, but usually very well built, especially the mods.

Then you'll need...
    • Charger: XTAR VC4 Battery Charger Because I don't recommend charging batts inside a mod, but it's your call. They also have the smaller 2-bay version (VC2) for $2 less, but that's not worth it IMHO.
    Then you'll need juice (obviously).

Good luck and welcome to the non-pod world :)

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So any tank would fit but not every tank can do a 1.2 or 1.4 coil right?

Right. Most tanks that take factory coils these days seem to be sub-ohm tanks for DL vaping, unfortunately.

Yes any tank will fit on any mod you get because they are all 510 threaded mods and all tanks are 510 threaded tanks.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The Kroma-r mod for instance, goes up to 80 watts, but goes as low as 6 watts. you set it at what you need. You won't be vaping anywhere near 80 watts. My guess is around 12-18 watts is what you will be vaping on a 1.2-1.4 ohm MTL coil.

So as you can see, mod vaping isn't the same as pod vaping. You have to set things. Not as care free as pod vaping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread