• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Mini review....CE4 Plus and Stardust

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
After paying 6 or 7 bucks apiece for 3 Stardusts, I found the CE4 Plus from Microcig (ecigfair.com ). I've had the Stardust a few days and the CE4 Plus' (15) arrived today. Microcig claims to be the inventor of this Clearomizer, so naive newbie me orders a bunch. Delivery was no more than 10 days from China so, so far so good. Only thing is that the CE4 Plus and the Stardust are not one and the same. The CE4 Plus is taller (about a 1/4 inch), the base a hair wider, and the center post much narrower. They both seem to vape the same. No leaks either. Even ordered a couple ego-T manual batteries from them since I wasn't very impressed with the Stardust on my Janty Neo Auto Battery. Though I initially thought I got screwed, the CE4 Plus is quite good, and half the price. Can it be rebuilt? Not a clue! Would I order them again over the Stardust. Not sure. The Stardust does seem to be of slightly better quality. The draw on the Stardust is also tighter. Both are LR. If I had to pick one it would be the Stardust for the tighter draw. I'd really love to know who copied whom. Maybe one of you can tell me!

Anyways this was more to warn you that the CE4 Plus' and the Stardusts are definitely not one and the same, than it was a review. There are a few retail sites out there that sell the CE4 and don't tell you that.

In the end, neither one tastes anywhere near as good as my Puromizer!
BBBut....several hours later.....gotta admit that the Stardust on a manual battery is really growing on me.

********Edit and reward!*******
I figured out the loose draw on the ce4 plus'. The base is too wide and allows too much air in. Where the base of this clearo meets the ego, it hangs out a bit all the way around letting in too much air and making for a lousy draw. Otherwise they work pretty much as well as the Stardusts.

I'll ship 2 of them as a gift, with shipping at my expense, to the first person who can help me find a way around it, short of a mod battery that's wider that would seal the base better. Is there a 650 mah ego style battery out there that's slightly thicker or wider than my ego-t's? Even a couple mils thicker would do the trick. Or something I can do to seal the base a bit....lol and without taping it all around?

Last edited:

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Got any comparison pics?
Gotta look up how to post pics. I'll try when I get home from work. You can check them out at microcig.com or efaircig.com.
I find the draw too airy compared to the stardust. They way I'm looking at it now is that I have 15 ce4's to sample different juices in but I'm finding that the vision stardust is a bit more compact and sits nicer on an ego battery too.

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
I agree the stardusts are awesome,try vaping on a ego passthrough steady power mmmmm mmmmm good:D
Lol enough with the mmmm goods! I've become a freakin vaping junkie! The damn ecig is stuck to my lips every waking moment. I'm starting to worry about OD'ing on the nicotine. LMAO even bought 60 mils of your beloved Aaaargh why 4 today. God I love this new found hobby. :)

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
God I love this new found hobby. :)

I wouldn't call it a hobby - I call it a "Life saving, obsessive addiction" with no solutions to quit. Think about it? Is there a Quit Vaping support group? No! Is there a Quit Vaping Laser Therapy? No! Is there a novel on Quit Vaping? No! - We're all screwed!

I can't think of any healthy addictions - so maybe it isn't all that bad and I'll keep at it.

I love it too!

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
The Stardust apparently takes a bit of time to break in. I've gone through a couple tanks and one cleaning so far and the flavour is improving, but it's still on the muted side. However, there have been zero leaks -- not even slight leaks, which is impressive. It doesn't handle high voltage well though. They can be rebuilt though -- in fact, these can probably be rebuilt easier than any other clearomizer because the coil isn't even attached to anything. The wire is just grounding the positive on the center post through a hole in its silicone seat, and the negative on the tube, literally just pressing against each. Only problem is they're a bit of a pain to get apart. But I'm definitely going to try a mod experiment on one.

Cobber

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Kingston Ontario
www.itsjustvapor.com
The Stardust apparently takes a bit of time to break in. I've gone through a couple tanks and one cleaning so far and the flavour is improving, but it's still on the muted side. However, there have been zero leaks -- not even slight leaks, which is impressive. It doesn't handle high voltage well though. They can be rebuilt though -- in fact, these can probably be rebuilt easier than any other clearomizer because the coil isn't even attached to anything. The wire is just grounding the positive on the center post through a hole in its silicone seat, and the negative on the tube, literally just pressing against each. Only problem is they're a bit of a pain to get apart. But I'm definitely going to try a mod experiment on one.

To clean them do you take the tank off the post? I am about to clean mine but I am afraid to take it apart

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
To clean them do you take the tank off the post? I am about to clean mine but I am afraid to take it apart

I just rinse under warm water for the most part. I haven't taken mine apart yet, but I may do that this evening, both to make sure I do it right and to give it a good proper cleaning.

youtu be sfrobbie something. youtube change stardust coils.

That would be this guy:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
bump for edited post with a reward for some help!

There are a few eGo-type batteries that are wider, such as the Fat Boy 1300mAh battery at Canvape. Alternatively, and this may get just a tad messy, you could get a little bottle of aquarium silicone sealant and apply a thin film of it around the inside base, and then trim it to remove excess and, if necessary, shave out a notch or two if it makes the draw too tight. The aquarium silicone is non-toxic so it's safe to use for these purposes.

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
There are a few eGo-type batteries that are wider, such as the Fat Boy 1300mAh battery at Canvape. Alternatively, and this may get just a tad messy, you could get a little bottle of aquarium silicone sealant and apply a thin film of it around the inside base, and then trim it to remove excess and, if necessary, shave out a notch or two if it makes the draw too tight. The aquarium silicone is non-toxic so it's safe to use for these purposes.
You know what....for a lousy $20 I'll go the Fat Boy route and use it just for vaping at home if the batt is too big. Will probably try the silicone route too. Better than all of them going to waste. Thanks for your input. PM me your info and I'll send you a couple of them to play around with. I'm off tomorrow so should be able to mail them to you then!

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
You know what....for a lousy $20 I'll go the Fat Boy route and use it just for vaping at home if the batt is too big. Will probably try the silicone route too. Better than all of them going to waste.

Quite true. I just noticed that while the Fat Boy does have a raised 510 connection, it doesn't have eGo threads, so you might have to shove on a shorty 510-510 adapter for it to fit properly. I don't know how much that will raise it but it might leave a but of a gap that may not be what you're looking for. Doh! However, the silicone route may still be viable if the adapter route doesn't pan out. And at the very least you'll have a good high capacity battery in your arsenal. :)

Thanks for your input. PM me your info and I'll send you a couple of them to play around with. I'm off tomorrow so should be able to mail them to you then!

Absolutely, will do, and thanks! :) Could be interesting to do a little teardown and compare the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread