Mini switch problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleybluz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
VA
Anyone had any problems with the turn off switch on their Reo Mini? My husband and I both have the same problem. We turn to the off position and can still get just as good a vape out of it as we do in the on position. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. I sent it back (under warranty) and was told that they didn't have a problem with it, so I picked up my husbands and his is doing the same thing. All you have to do, as far as I know, is turn the switch to the off position.I'm using the aw imr 14500 3.7v 900 mAh (blue battery). It has a flat end and does not require a magnet.

harleybluz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
VA
I have never seen this battery aw imr 14500 3.7v 900 mAh (blue battery . The mod is set up to use the aw imr 14500 it is a 600 mah battery there all a red in color.

They're sold in a few different places, clouds of vapor, Mostbuying.com, etc. I wish I knew what mAh and specific battery to buy. The site only says a 14500 battery. If you've never owned one before your don't know what to buy. I just ordered another set of 900mAh blue batteries and now I find out I shouldn't be using them. I appreciate your help with this. No one told me "which" one to use. Thanks for your help.

mgaruccio

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
Ohio
I am guessing that you have this battery: AW 14500 Unprotected Rechargeable Lithium Battery

which is not technically safe to use with the reo as it is a li-ion without a protection circuit, I would recommend purchasing new AW IMR's which should solve the problem. (also I would stop using those batteries as combining the fact that they are unprotected and will fire when the reo is in the off position is a little scary)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
They're sold in a few different places, clouds of vapor, Mostbuying.com, etc. I wish I knew what mAh and specific battery to buy. The site only says a 14500 battery. If you've never owned one before your don't know what to buy. I just ordered another set of 900mAh blue batteries and now I find out I shouldn't be using them. I appreciate your help with this. No one told me "which" one to use. Thanks for your help.
If there out of stock this would be my second choice
AW 14500 Protected Rechargeable Lithium Battery

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

You say "no one told you which one to use". And also "the site says a 14500 battery".
If you bought off the reosmods site then it does say this: The Reo Mini.The mod is 100% mechanical no wires. It has a three ml bottle that holds your ejuice and runs on one AW IMR 14500 battery.
There is a thread on this forum to help people who have purchased a REO:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/168278-if-reo-your-first-mod-what-you-will-need.html

I am so sorry that you didn't have the right information before your purchase of the batteries. The AW IMR 14500 600mAH, are safe and work well with the Mini REO. The above thread also list a few vendors that sell the recommended battery.
At this time the recommended battery is not in stock. Most vendors are stating they will be in this week.

I really hope you can pick some up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread