Mini switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleybluz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
VA
Anyone had any problems with the turn off switch on their Reo Mini? My husband and I both have the same problem. We turn to the off position and can still get just as good a vape out of it as we do in the on position. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. I sent it back (under warranty) and was told that they didn't have a problem with it, so I picked up my husbands and his is doing the same thing. All you have to do, as far as I know, is turn the switch to the off position.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Anyone had any problems with the turn off switch on their Reo Mini? My husband and I both have the same problem. We turn to the off position and can still get just as good a vape out of it as we do in the on position. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. I sent it back (under warranty) and was told that they didn't have a problem with it, so I picked up my husbands and his is doing the same thing. All you have to do, as far as I know, is turn the switch to the off position.

Which battery are you using? If your battery is a bit on the long side, that could be the problem, as the switch can move a little bit in the locked position. I never had any problems with my former Grand, but the battery was the recommended one, and thus the size was well tested.

Also, does you battery have a "nipple" on the positive end, so to speak, and are you using the little magnet spacers as well?

harleybluz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
VA
Which battery are you using? If your battery is a bit on the long side, that could be the problem, as the switch can move a little bit in the locked position. I never had any problems with my former Grand, but the battery was the recommended one, and thus the size was well tested.

Also, does you battery have a "nipple" on the positive end, so to speak, and are you using the little magnet spacers as well?

I'm using the recommended battery with it. The AW IMR 14500 3.7v 900 mAh. It has a flat end to it. Robert can't find a problme with it and I just don't see where I'm doing anything wrong. I'm not using a magnet spacer. I even use electrical tape to keep the battery from moving.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
My mini does the same thing (won't lock off) with the black AW batts, but it will turn off when I use the red IMR AW batts. Apparently the black batts are a tad longer.

Yeah, they almost certainly are. The black ones are regulated, so there's a very small bit of circuitry inside. The reds are high drain, and are unregulated (though they're not li-on, so it's not necessary for safety reasons).

There must be someone in the Reo forum that has modded one of the springs, or the button length itself, to fix this. There are a lot of good brains over there.

I would suggest posting there, and see what people come up with. Pictures always help as well, if you can take one with the battery in place, etc. I'm afraid I don't have a mini to experiment on, or I'd assist further.

The AW 18650 (black) was fine in the Grand, but I almost wonder if the mini was designed with the high drain version in mind.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
I'm using the recommended battery with it. The AW IMR 14500 3.7v 900 mAh. It has a flat end to it. Robert can't find a problme with it and I just don't see where I'm doing anything wrong. I'm not using a magnet spacer. I even use electrical tape to keep the battery from moving.

I don't want anyone to read this and misunderstand. That is NOT the recommended battery. The recommended battery is the AW IMR 14500 3.7v, which is 600 mAh (not 900 mAh) and is not a flat top battery.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
I don't want anyone to read this and misunderstand. That is NOT the recommended battery. The recommended battery is the AW IMR 14500 3.7v, which is 600 mAh (not 900 mAh) and is not a flat top battery.

Mlinky to the rescue!

The "red" IMR style is what it's designed around. You'll get a better vape out of it as well, if you use low resistance attys/cartos. It will also hold up better under load.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Mlinky to the rescue!

The "red" IMR style is what it's designed around. You'll get a better vape out of it as well, if you use low resistance attys/cartos. It will also hold up better under load.

Thanks to you bladebarrier, Harleybluz came on over to the REO forum and, like everyone else, is now waiting for the AW IMR 14500's to get back in stock. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread