mini vivi nova and vision spinner problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoleNXD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2013
california
I just got a mini vivi nova today. Works great when I can get it to. It seems like it isn't making a proper connection to the battery. Sometimes the button will blink on and off a few times and it won't fire. I tighten it more and it works for a second then starts blinking. I pulled the center pin down several times and still keep having the problem. My battery is completely charged and I tried another coil and it's the same. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks =)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
And do you have the same problem with that viVi Nova on your Spinner as well? If you're not overtightening and pushing your battery's center post down, then your clearo may just be faulty. I have two Novas and never had a problem with the connection, but that means nothing. Can you still contact your vendor? Has that clearo ever worked? Is it a Vision ViVi Nova or a knockoff?

If you have a multimeter, you could test the atty to see if it's dead, but since you tried two different coils, that is unlikely.

NicoleNXD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2013
california
Katya:9712921 said:
And do you have the same problem with that viVi Nova on your Spinner as well? If you're not overtightening and pushing your battery's center post down, then your clearo may just be faulty. I have two Novas and never had a problem with the connection, but that means nothing. Can you still contact your vendor? Has that clearo ever worked? Is it a Vision ViVi Nova or a knockoff?

If you have a multimeter, you could test the atty to see if it's dead, but since you tried two different coils, that is unlikely.

I just tried it on the other battery and it does the same thing. I tighten just finger tight and the light blinks several times until I really tighten it and then it works. I feel like I am over tightening but it doesn't work if I don't. It's strange. I just received my nova today from mvs. It is a vision vivi nova with the metal tube. Its on the my vapor store site.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
MVS is a good vendor. Maybe our definitions of "tight" are different. But if you screw it onto the battery and it works, then all is well, isn't it? Maybe the center pin on your Nova is just a tad short... Experiment--or contact the vendor. Maybe he'll be willing to replace it. You don't want to ruin your battery. A properly functioning head should make good contact with your battery without overtightening.

Have you tried other bottom coil toppers? I'm a fan of Kanger BCC clearomizers (T3, eVod and ProTank).

Good luck and send an email to MVS explaining your dilemma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread