Mini Vivi Nova connection issue question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
I received my 2 Mini Vivi Novas today. First one I filled and it is great. The second one wouldn't fire. I cranked it down real tight onto the battery and it finally fired. But the connection comes and goes and the draw is tight. My question is... Is there a way to adjust the center post in the battery end to make it stick out further? Can I "lefty - loosy" the post or will that break a wire inside like some cartos? Any help would be appreciated.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Never used one of those but based on pictures and experience with other vision products, I would think the center post is possibly out of position, meaning it's pushed too far up the center column and needs to be pushed down some to make contact with the battery.

If the tank is empty, pull it apart and remove center column from tank and then remove atomizer head. Then press the center post down into the column. Generally you should hear a pop/snap meaning it is in the groove of the bushing/grommet.

If there's liquid in the tank you can leave it assembled and try to pull with a pair of sturdy tweezers. May not be really easy to do but with a try if you filled up already.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
A few pictures to help. The one where I'm pointing with the screwdriver is to view of center column with center pole intact after atomizer head is removed. Any questions please feel free to ask.
amehu7ah.jpg
5a6uva9a.jpg
guresypa.jpg
2uveryqe.jpg

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
ok, so I pushed down on the top of the center post and it did come out more from the threads. But, when I put it on a battery it would not fire until I cranked it back down to where it was before which of course pushed the center pin back in. What am I missing here? To fire, the center post must touch the center of the battery and the threads complete the circuit. Correct? What does the center post have to touch inside to complete the circuit? Maybe there is an O ring or something I can adjust? I wouldn't care but the way it is the draw is like trying to drink a frozen milkshake through a straw so I need to get it loosened up. Thanks

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
When you pushed it down did you feel it pop into place?

And yes, you are correct. The center post is meant to touch the center contact of the batter and then the 510 thread connection of the battery and clearo complete the circuit.
So the good news is you're able to make a complete circuit, now sounds like the issue is the draw being too tight.
What kind of battery are you using?

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
There was no pop or click. I pushed it out about 1/16th of an inch. Just enough for it to be above the 510 threads. I'm just using regular ego type batteries. Several different brands but all ego type. I have another Mini Vivi that I received in the same order. It works fine and the post is in the correct or normal position. It protrudes approximately 1/16th out of the thread and the draw is good. Not tight but not airy. That's how I'd like the other one to work too.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
When you put the center post back in, were you pushing it back in from the bottom until it wouldn't go any further? That should be when you feel it pop into place because the center post has a slightly larger diameter at bottom, but not by much. I should not is not a literal pop/snap sound, I'm referring to you should feel it being in place.

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
I had not pushed the pin all the way out. I just pushed it down until it stuck out a little so that's probably why I didn't feel any pop. Since then I completely disassembled it to see what is going on. It seems that the post inside is a little too short or the metal tube that it slides into is a little too long or the atty head threads are not deep enough. The battery has to be tightened so much just for the inner post to reach the bottom of the atty head inside. I tried installing the atty head first, as tight as it would go on without shorting out, then pushing the post back in. It wouldn't fire until the battery was cranked back down real tight. So, it looks like there is a little manufacturing variation causing the issue. Looks like I'm stuck with it. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread