Minifit battery continues to fire after I stop inhaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I often wonder why ECF...which has many members from NON-USA countries...doesn't include the country of origin in that "New Member Thingy" (on the left)...

Without it...one can't always refer New Members to the appropriate places to purchase ejuice, mods, etc....

Perhaps...Beth's "posting problems" were due to English not being her first language...

As for the advice given...I agree 152%...for $13 (2 packs of analogs)...toss it out the window...:shock:

I agree, Gerry - but don't think that was the case here. My guess is a US post from a phone, carelessly worded/structured/punctuated, with an awkward attempt at cut & paste. As Bad postulated, possibly in a hurry, and/or in the throes of a nicotine fit?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I often wonder why ECF...which has many members from NON-USA countries...doesn't include the country of origin in that "New Member Thingy" (on the left)...

Without it...one can't always refer New Members to the appropriate places to purchase ejuice, Mods, etc....

Perhaps...Beth's "posting problems" were due to English not being her first language...

As for the advice given...I agree 152%...for $13 (2 packs of analogs)...toss it out the window...:shock:

Doesnt it? I thought it did. It should. Country of origin is effectively both the most relevant and least abusable bit of personal data. I haven’t seen it in years of course.

• Useful
Reactions: gerrymi

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Have you checked to make sure the fire button is popping back up when you release it? Sometimes they get stuck down. Other than that, I've not heard of anyone resolving this sort of situation without taking the device apart and playing with the electronics, which takes some background knowledge. I'm afraid the device is probably dead (and not very safe).

For future reference, your problem is actually with the mod, not the battery. The battery forum is for actual battery cells. You have an internal battery, so the confusion is understandable, and you're by no means the first person to make that mistake.

Since the minifit is a pod mod, I believe you want to be here: Vape Pod Systems A mod will probably be along to move the post before too long.

Beth Ann Poole

Aug 26, 2019
Have you checked to make sure the fire button is popping back up when you release it? Sometimes they get stuck down. Other than that, I've not heard of anyone resolving this sort of situation without taking the device apart and playing with the electronics, which takes some background knowledge. I'm afraid the device is probably dead (and not very safe).

For future reference, your problem is actually with the mod, not the battery. The battery forum is for actual battery cells. You have an internal battery, so the confusion is understandable, and you're by no means the first person to make that mistake.

Since the minifit is a pod mod, I believe you want to be here: Vape Pod Systems A mod will probably be along to move the post before too long.
m

Not sure how to navigate yet sorry , I knew it was the battery it does pop up and suddenly it will fire even without me touching. They are so great I hate to throw it away but at that good of a price I can at least replace it thanks for the help

Beth Ann Poole

Aug 26, 2019
Minifit it is a great device I get lots of vape they're tiny and the price is great I just have one that continues to fire even though I've let up on the button and sometimes when I even get it to stop firing it'll just burn randomly by itself the only way to stop it is to take the pod off of it I. wonI'm waspoditive it's deringthe battery since I've replaced the pod. is there anybody else having the problem if there is was I couthere something you could do or if I just needed to dispose of it

Beth Ann Poole

Aug 26, 2019
It's NOT a great device if it is auto firing. Its a danger to yourself and others.

Return it if it is under warranty. If not, dispose of it. No fixes.

Minifits as a generality are great devices I have the good sense that God gave a Billy Goat and then some. It's up its separated from a pod. Sometimes simply answers are easy clean something , or the advice not repairable dispose of it. Right here your response is why I usually don't post or join forrums . Your Curt and rude but thanks for the reply I'll be unjoining now . God bless you.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I had an extremely unpleasant customer to deal with when I worked at the vape shop. He was angry, stomping around the store yelling and screaming because a particular flavor of e-juice, his all day vape, was out of stock. A coworker with more sales experience than myself told me that people can be extremely angry when they can't get their nicotine craving satisfied. Gave me a new perspective.

Maybe Beth Ann was having a bad craving and a bad day so that she couldn't vape her only vape setup. :unsure:

"Backups for your backups."
So native crazy, but hopefully temporary native crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread