Not open for further replies.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Usps has this new service, it's called informed delivery. You have to sign up for it but it's free. It's pretty cool, every day you get an email with photos of the mail you can expect that day and an option to click that you didn't receive a particular package or piece of mail. I haven't had to do that so I'm not sure where it goes from there. Just thought I'd let my fellow ECF'ers know about it because I know how we all like to stalk any and all vapemail headed are way. It does take away some of the mystery when you already know what's in your mailbox but it's a helpful service in my opinion.

I have had informed delivery since it first became available. Prior to that, there was "My Choice" which was only for packages. It is all under informed delivery now. The option to click if you don't receive a piece of mail is limited to regular mail. If you go to the packages tab, that option isn't there. It was the first thing I looked for when the parcel came up delivered but wasn't in my mailbox.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I really am thankful for your suggestion. I tried calling the local post office but got a busy signal over and over. I will try again in the morning and if I can't get through, I will go over there. Wish me luck!
Wishing you luck :) just a tip, call early.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I have good news on the Petri tank that I thought had been delivered. Apparently, USPS assigned an incorrect TN to my address. The seller sent me a different TN and that one is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. How odd! I assumed when that TN showed up on my Informed Delivery page, it was that tank as that was the only thing I had on order from China. Turns out, I guess, that it wasn't my TN after all. Just a case of mixed identity. Sure am glad I contacted the seller before I went to the PO.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I have good news on the Petri tank that I thought had been delivered. Apparently, USPS assigned an incorrect TN to my address. The seller sent me a different TN and that one is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. How odd! I assumed when that TN showed up on my Informed Delivery page, it was that tank as that was the only thing I had on order from China. Turns out, I guess, that it wasn't my TN after all. Just a case of mixed identity. Sure am glad I contacted the seller before I went to the PO.
Alls well that ends well :)

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Second experiment with TCR on the Minikin V2 - I put two coils into the RBA deck of my FireLuke tank. I used stainless steel 316L 24g wire claptoned, wrapped on a 3mm rod, six wraps .21 ohms dual coils. I set it to 75 watts, 425°, .00092 TC precision. The vape is very nice. I need to play with the settings a little to get to a sweet spot but IMO, the Minikin V2 is fine for TC/TCR. This is just my experience.

I put the same tank on my Battlestar, set to 75 watts, 420° - very nice vape. The jury is still out on which is better but I wouldn't avoid a Minikin V2 because of the reports of difficulty with it handling TC and TCR modes. This is just my experience.

Disclaimer - this testing is making me dizzy so I will wait until tomorrow to try TC mode with the FireLuke on each mod.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I just tested the Minikin V2 and the Battlestar with the Fireluke tank with the same coil as above. I find that I need to run the Minkin at a higher temperature than the Battlestar to get fairly equal vapes. Both are set for 75 watts in Temp mode. I set the temp on the Minikin to 450° where a similar vape is achieved, for me, at 420° on the Battlestar.

I still maintain that the Minikin V2 is a good mod for TC or TCR. It is entirely possible that TC aficionados would disagree with me but the vape in each was satisfying.

Last edited:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I got my hot pink Minikin V2 today and while it is beautiful, I am disappointed. One of the things I LOVE about my purple Minikin is the rubberized paint. The pink is the stainless finish. I took it out of the box and held it. It still feels better in my hand than my other mods, but I thought the pink had the rubberized paint. It is my fault as it is clear from looking at the photos that only the black, brown, purple, and green have the paint. The other models are SS or maybe chrome for the Prism - IDK for sure. Anyway, I got it for a great price thanks to @Heartsdelight and I am sure I will enjoy it. It will serve well as a backup to my beloved purple. Maybe I need to get the green or the black. ;)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I got my hot pink Minikin V2 today and while it is beautiful, I am disappointed. One of the things I LOVE about my purple Minikin is the rubberized paint. The pink is the stainless finish. I took it out of the box and held it. It still feels better in my hand than my other mods, but I thought the pink had the rubberized paint. It is my fault as it is clear from looking at the photos that only the black, brown, purple, and green have the paint. The other models are SS or maybe chrome for the Prism - IDK for sure. Anyway, I got it for a great price thanks to @Heartsdelight and I am sure I will enjoy it. It will serve well as a backup to my beloved purple. Maybe I need to get the green or the black. ;)
Enjoy the pink! Although the finish is different it’s gorgeous! I have the purple & the black, maybe I need a pink :D

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Enjoy the pink! Although the finish is different it’s gorgeous! I have the purple & the black, maybe I need a pink :D

Interesting that the pink doesn't seem fingerprint prone. I tried - :D I just like the feel of the rubberized paint so will probably buy a black or green when I feel comfortable spending money on vape stuff again. The pink is gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread