Mixing & filling empty cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i recently ordered a happy ego starter kit with 2 empty cartridges and a bottle of 24mg strength (i think, but i could be wrong) cigarette flavored e liquid. I have not received my items yet but i would like to know exactly how mixing and dripping works. I have done lots of research but most of the videos/posts have info missing and i have a few questions to ask u guys;

1. for my e liquid i would like to just smoke it straight since it is already flavoured with tobacco so would i just drip it straight into the empty cartridge untill its full or straight on to the Atomizer or what? Because i have seen some videos where they put it straight on The atomizer and others where they put it in the cartridge.

2. For mixing with additional flavours, i know everyonr is different but roughly from my research i have learned that you should mix 50/50 with e liquid an VG or PG. Now can someone explain to me in detail EXACTLY how to do that? Like i get confused with adding the actual e-liquid, the PG ( or VG ) and flavouring. How many drops of e-liquid, PG or VG, and flavouring should i add? I know i sound like a noob to e-cigs but i like to ask alot of questions so i am well educated on the situation and can teach others.

Thanks alot guys, this forum is awesome,
-Danny

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
Hi Dmoney, nice to meet you! I don't own an ego, but your questions seem to be general ones, I'll answer as best as I can for you :)

The 24mg liquid you're getting is ready-to-use. No mixing with other liquids is needed. Just give the bottle a little shake to make sure it's mixed before you squeeze out drops.

Sounds like your cartridges will have some sort of filler material in them. You simply drip your liquid into the filler material to saturate it, but don't overflow it. Drop a few drops at a time, and go until the filler is soaked to the top, but the liquid isn't covering it. If it does fill too much, take a tissue or paper towel and lightly pass it over the top of the filler material to soak up that tiny bit of liquid.

Put the atomizer on the ego, put the cartridge on and you should be good to go!

The things you mention, about mixing flavors, plain PG/VG, nicotine, etc... this is part of Do-It-Yourself mixing, which involves some danger if you decide to buy nicotine liquid (the danger lies in accidentally spilling the strong nicotine liquid - get too much on your skin and you can end up in the hospital) so visit the forum area for DIY mixers to learn about it before you try it. Basically, any flavored liquid that you buy that has nicotine in it is ready-to-use. 36mg strength and below is fine to use directly, but be cautious of stronger ones (like 48mg strength) as it's potent stuff, and again is dangerous if the bottle opens up and you spill it on yourself. It's only dangerous if you're into DIY mixing, because you're often dealing with open bottles with the tip taken off, so chances of spilling everything on the table or your lap - it can happen.

Dripping directly on the atomizer is another way to do things, and I don't recommend you do that yet. Since you're new to the whole e-cig experience, it's best you try the regular route (as we all did) by using the carts with filler. Experience the ego the way it's meant to be used, you might be happy with it that way. If not (I hated cart filler) then you can research cart mods (like changing the filler material) or get into direct dripping (like me!) which, if you're serious, involves tinkering with the atomizer a little bit with some tweezers.

Get ready to order different flavors, and make room for e-cigs as a new hobby in your life. It's going to be a fun ride!

Again, nice to meet you!

audio

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Nebraska
1. for my e liquid i would like to just smoke it straight since it is already flavoured with tobacco so would i just drip it straight into the empty cartridge untill its full or straight on to the Atomizer or what? Because i have seen some videos where they put it straight on The atomizer and others where they put it in the cartridge.

What ourei said, but I'll add this.

When you get your cart, take the filler out and cut more than half of it off. This is known as the highping cart mod. Then drip your premixed juice into the cart until it's almost full, and put your small piece of filler back in the cart on top of the juice. You will probably have to add one or several drops of juice to the filler. The filler shouldn't be too dry or too wet; it should look like a slushy.

Some attys come with a primer to keep them moist. You need to blow it out before you fire up your atty. If you don't, your first vaping experience will be awful, as was mine. Add a couple of drops of juice to the bridge of your atty and it's ready to go.

When you run out of juice, take the filler out of the cart (I have tweezers for that purpose), fill it with juice, put the filler back in and top it off with juice if necessary. Add a couple of drops of juice to the bridge of the atty and get back to vaping. After your first time, this process should take about 30 seconds.

Welcome!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You can vape 4 ways
1. use atomizer with carts (which most people get annoyed with fairly quickly)
2. use a drip tip instead of a cart and drip liquid on the atomizer
3. use cartomizers (you may need to remove the cone)
4. get an Ego tank atty and use tanks

Re juice - I don't think 50/50 is necessarily the most popular ratio. Some poll seemed to show that but the layout of the poll was flawed and listed VG first like 70VG/30PG and me and others picked that by mistake because PG is usually listed first when you buy juices. In the US we can just buy juices in various base ratios. If you can only buy 100% PG and 100% VG juices, you could buy the same or compatible flavors, 30ml in PG and 10ml in VG and mix those to make 75pg/25vg. Nicotine is stated per ml so if you mix juices of the same nic level, the result is the same nic level.

PG - thin, lets through the most TH and irritation of nicotine and the most flavor, makes weak looking vapor
VG - thick, dulls the TH and irritation and dulls flavor, make thicker more persistent vapor

Popular ratios for people who want TH - 70pg/30vg, 80pg/20vg
Popular ratios for people who want less TH - 50/50 or higher VG than PG
Note - high PG juices may be too thick to be absorbed well in tightly packed cartomizers

If you want to make juices from scratch, there is a whole DIY section on ECF
DIY e-liquid

And here is a good free calculator with some recipes
eJuice Me Up - e-Juice e-Liquid Recipe Calculator

Last edited:

res1492

Mar 25, 2011
Manchester uk
thank you! i don't mind the frequent dripping. i only have to do it once a day!

I think you may have misunderstood "Dripping". When i drip i use 2 or 3 drips every 7 or 8 big drags.
You dont drip into the cart. you drip onto the bridge or if you have de-bridged, then onto the coil.
At no point should you be placing a full cart without filler back onto your atty, this would flood the atty and stop it working let its suppose to.

If i have misunderstood you then carry on doing what your doing...happy vaping :)

@dormouse i seem to have better TH with higher VG %....My VG is way thicker/viscus than my PG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread