Mixing juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Close ... for 3% flavor you'd want 97ml base + 3ml flavoring (for 5%: 95 + 5). But, I would urge you to try 9.7ml base + 0.3ml flavor first ... figure out what you like with small batches before you commit to a big batch. And remember, how it tastes when freshly mixed is likely to be different (even very different) from how it tastes after a week (or more) of steeping/co-mingling.

You also haven't mentioned nicotine levels (if you are using nicotine), so you'll need to be more forthcoming for additional info/advice.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey, Im new at vaping and i bought myself 260ml bottle of vape base juice (50/50 pg vg) and i bought myself a flavouring juice 10ml. it says dose 3-5% so if bought myself 120ml bottle. If i put 100ml of base juice i must add 3-5ml of flavouring juice? so in total i get for example 103ml of juice?
Hi,

Will your mix include nicotine?
What device(s) will you be using to vape the juice?
If the flavoring is PG based, your final ratios will be a bit more than 50% PG and a bit less than 50% VG. (Approx 51.5%PG/48.5%VG)

I use Ejuice me up for my mixing calculator.

HTH
I

Reactions: IDJoel

Shaftyzxdd

Apr 8, 2019
No, it wont include nicotine, and im using innokin t20s stick. and some flavourart mad mix flavouring
Mad_Fruit_10ml.png

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey, Im new at vaping and i bought myself 260ml bottle of vape base juice (50/50 pg vg) and i bought myself a flavouring juice 10ml. it says dose 3-5% so if bought myself 120ml bottle. If i put 100ml of base juice i must add 3-5ml of flavouring juice? so in total i get for example 103ml of juice?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Close ... for 3% flavor you'd want 97ml base + 3ml flavoring (for 5%: 95 + 5). But, I would urge you to try 9.7ml base + 0.3ml flavor first ... figure out what you like with small batches before you commit to a big batch. And remember, how it tastes when freshly mixed is likely to be different (even very different) from how it tastes after a week (or more) of steeping/co-mingling.
The information jandrew gave is spot on. Your 50/50 PGVG is fine. Some fruit mixes can be vaped immediately after mixing (SnV = shake and vape) and some need to steep a month or more. Most DIY folks test them every few days or so until they reach full aging if required.
It's kind of difficult to start out DIY'g when you are still trying out new equipment and establishing your taste favorites. One shot flavors are starting to gain momentum for those interested in mixing their own and want to start out simple. One shot flavors (OS/Flavor Blends) are premixed flavors that are only designed to be used on their own and mixed with a base of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin and Nicotine (at least one/two/all of the three). One shot mixing is supposed to be close to the flavor promoted on the bottle. These mixes may allow some adjustment of the strength (percentage) of the mix. OS Mixing can be a good introductory to DIY. One shots and flavor blends are simply added per directions to the mixer's desired mixing base, Shake and Vape (SnV) or steep as directed.
Might like to visit:
DIYorDIE Concentrates
one shot
One Shot Concentrates
Flavors - Gremlin - Gremlin DIY --- Known as "Gremlin DIY" = one shot?
Flavor Shots Vape Juice | Mt Baker Vapor
One Shot Flavor Concentrates
Make Your Own DIY Eliquid/Juice and Candy
E-Liquid Mixing Kits | DIY Vape Juice
http://www.juicefactory.com.au/tags/-one-shot-concentrates

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Definitely agree with the others... start with a small batch. Without nic, you may not need to be quite so accurate with your measurements, but do it anyway so you can accurately make the juice again if you like it. I’d also say, if the recommended % of flavor is 3-5, start lower. You can always add more. Leave it sit a day or so - fruit doesn’t tend to need a long steep, and it can even fade if left too long. Add a little more flavor as needed, and I’m sure you could go a lot higher than 5% if you need to. Good luck, and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread