The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mod and batteries

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by xSellize, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. xSellize

xSellize Full Member

Oct 13, 2013
    UK
    Hey guys! Just started vaping around a month ago, even though I'm a non-smoker and I seriously love it! I was using the Ego-t beginner e-cig and wanted an upgrade. My initial plan was to buy the lavatube (which I did) however, it was out of stock. So, instead I purchased the itaste SVD! Here is a link to the exact model which I bought Wholesale Cigarette - Buy Original Itaste SVD E Cigarette Innokin SVD with Iclear 30 Cartomizer And Variable Voltage Wattage DHL Free Shipping Best Qualit, $96.59 | DHgate I'm just currently waiting for it to arrive. However, the other night I realized that it didn't come with batteries lol! So, I bought the following stuff from eBay:
    - [h=1]2x SAMSUNG ICR IMR 18650-22P 10A SDI Li-Ion 2200mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Batteries (link)[/h][h=1]-[/h]Brand New Battery Charger for 18650 Rechargeable Li-Ion 3.6V 3.7V (link)

I'm just wondering now; will everything match up correctly? I just want to be 100% sure that those batteries are correct and that the charger will support the batteries which I bought. Thanks for reading and I look forward to your responses.

Decided to buy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TrustFire-TR-006-Li-Ion-Battery-Charger-18650-26650-16340-3-7V-4-2-Fast-1A-UK-/360747563088?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Battery_Chargers&hash=item53fe3af850 I know it's like £10 more expensive but I guess it'll be worth it in the long run!

2. xSellize

xSellize Full Member

Oct 13, 2013
    UK
    Still need help with this

3. Rob-Manc-UK

Rob-Manc-UK Full Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Manchester, England
    The batteries should be ok, i have never used that sort before, so maybe someone else can help with that. The charger will work, but i would recommend buy a better charger, i would never skimp on a charger or batteries for that matter. I have a Nitecore i4 charger and am very happy with it, Xtar make good ones too. Either will run you £20-£30 but will charge 4 batteries at once and charge them safely.

4. Chrissie

Chrissie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I agree with Rob-Manc-UK - don't skimp on a battery charger or batteries. In fact I'd bin that chrger as soon as you get it - sorry but it's just too cheap & there are some very dodgy cheap chargers being sold on ebay :(

5. xSellize

xSellize Full Member

Oct 13, 2013
    UK
    Thanks for the response. I think I'm going to have to cancel the charger which I purchased and go for another as the one I bought only has a 3.2v output. I don't think that'll charge the batteries which I bought.

6. OlDogNewTricks

OlDogNewTricks Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    Venice, FL
    Second on the charger. I use a trustfire and I like the fact that it charges the batteries slowly. The SVD always does well in reviews. Good luck and have fun!

7. Chrissie

Chrissie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm also not too sure about the batteries as they are protected & the SVD already has built in protection.

Edit - just re read the battery description & it says non PCB, so I think you should be OK, but hopefully someone else will confirm this.

8. xSellize

xSellize Full Member

Oct 13, 2013
    UK
  9. OlDogNewTricks

Aug 21, 2013
    Venice, FL
    I use the 2600mAh version for my eVic without issues.

10. xSellize

xSellize Full Member

Oct 13, 2013
    UK
    Hey, I've read about the batteries and they're pretty recommended for the SVD. How about the new charger?#TrustFire TR-006 Li-Ion Battery Charger 18650 26650 16340 3.7V 4.2 Fast 1A UK | eBay

11. OlDogNewTricks

Aug 21, 2013
    Venice, FL
  12. xSellize

xSellize Full Member

Oct 13, 2013
    UK
    Any suggestions on a charger in that case?

13. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The SVD is a regulated (variable voltage) mod. These require an IMR high drain battery, which those SAMSUNG ICR IMR 18650-22P batteries are. So the batteries are a great choice.

The Trustfire charger is just "ok", not the best but you could do worse. If you can find a UK vendor that sells Xtar (SP2 or WP2-II) or Nitecore Intellicharger (i2 or i4) chargers, I suggest upgrading to one of those soon. http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/battery-chargers

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected?

14. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    + 1 on this. Baditude will never steer you wrong....

15. xSellize

xSellize Full Member

Oct 13, 2013
    UK
    Wow! Thank you for the help, it's people like you who make me want to be super active on the forum! High quanlity XTAR WP2 II USB Charger For 14500/18650/16340 Battery +Car Adapter | eBay How is that?

16. Rob-Manc-UK

Rob-Manc-UK Full Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Manchester, England
  17. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
  18. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    I lean toward the 4 bay charger if its just a little more money.,,,of course ther are 3 vapers in my house also.

19. xSellize

xSellize Full Member

Oct 13, 2013
    UK
    Thank you. Just ordered it, only 1 vaper in my house and that's me. I'm not a chronic vaper either so 2 bays is more than sufficient! Thanks for all your guys responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.