Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
It may be time for a mini lesson on MAH -- As I understand it, the length of a time a battery lasts is mainly a matter of MAH, how much you use it and how old the battery is. New Ego Style 650 MAH do last about 5 hours, fairly heavy use.

So, I can't tell if you've got "fat bats" or "long skinny bats" or "something in the middle". Some of the "fat bats" are 900 & 1000 MAH--and are, of course, longer physically as well as fat.

Now, a lot of the mods use 18650 batteries (that is a size description, not MAH or anything else) You can get them up to 3000 MAH, tho I think most have been quite happy with less MAH. 1450's can be purchased at various MAH levels as well.

As you look for MODs pay attention to what you Like about your current system and make sure you get something that delivers that aspect....and, as many Box MODS use 510 threading, you are partially there already. If the biggest problem is time on battery, go up a size with your current system (it's always good to have spares) while you check out some of the pretty exciting MODs coming out this year & save up some bucks.........just my opinion --- I'm pretty new, too --and learning fast!

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
If you want longevity in a mod look at one that uses 18650's. There's lots of them around and they start at around $50. Madvapes carries the Maxi Roughstack and the Gold Rush Tube mod.

If you want a juice feeder you could check these out Super T Manufacturing VapeMate Juice Feeder. They'll fit most mods on the market.

I've got a couple of mods that take 18650's and have gone 2 days on a single battery, although I do like to change them more often because they tend to get weaker after about 12 hours of constant use. I've used the 3000 mah Ultrafires which are low drain, and also 2600 mah Ultrafire high drain. Both perform very well, but the high drain type gives a harder hit every time.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
If you want longevity in a mod look at one that uses 18650's. There's lots of them around and they start at around $50. Madvapes carries the Maxi Roughstack and the Gold Rush Tube mod.

If you want a juice feeder you could check these out Super T Manufacturing VapeMate Juice Feeder. They'll fit most mods on the market.

I've got a couple of mods that take 18650's and have gone 2 days on a single battery, although I do like to change them more often because they tend to get weaker after about 12 hours of constant use. I've used the 3000 mah Ultrafires which are low drain, and also 2600 mah Ultrafire high drain. Both perform very well, but the high drain type gives a harder hit every time.

Maybe that'd be good for this person?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/170526-hidy-another-new-member.html

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I would love to have a juice box. I go through 10 ml a day. Batteries to last all day for under 100 bucks.

I don't know of any bottom fed juice box that holds 10ml...that is a lot of juice :p
I would definitely recommend an 18650 battery with that much vaping going on though.

BombShell Kit The hotvapes bombshell will get you that for less than a hundred bucks (barely)

You might also look into the Reo mods as they do use an 18650 and are a juice box...but it ain't gonna be under 100 bucks.

Edit: the madvapes suggestion up above is another cheap 18650 alternative.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
what pv last 20-30 hrs??

The Darwin from nhaler.com. I work from home and vape constantly - quite heavy. I get 21 hours on one charge. In the Darwin thread, most have stated they get 25-30 hours and one guy stated he got 35 hours. Plus it doubles as a pass-through, so can you charge and vape at the same time, if some how 20 hours isn't enough. And since the Darwin has a built in boost regulator, your last vape before the battery dies is just as good as your first one on a freshly charged battery. It has a 2 year warranty on the PV and 1 year warranty on the batteries. But your aren't going to get this baby for $100.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The Darwin has less total mah than an 18650, even if you ran it at comparable wattage to an 18650 3.7 volt with standard ohm.

All I can tell you is what the facts are. It delivers 20-35 hours on a charge. And there cannot be too many people who vape more consistently or heavily than I do.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Monkerfish,

The cheapest thing I can think of would be a 5 volt passthrough. I got one with a USB/AC wall adapter from MadVapes for about $25. I love the thing and I use it plugged into the wall -all over my house:) It has a 5 foot cord and I reinforced the 2 ends with electrical tape and made the wire stationary, like the reviewers suggested on their site. It has no battery and runs off of electric/USB only. I don't use it on my PC because it doesn't have enough power to run it.
The vapor and flavor on it are excellent. I use my regular Ecigs only when I'm driving or at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread