mod newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Start with the volts/watts turned low. Gradually turn it up until you get the flavor you like. If it starts to taste burnt, you have gone too high. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

which is better to use? volts or watts...and does it shut off when battery is dead like egos do?

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
Volts or watts is really up to you, if you adjust volts you are setting the voltage. If you adjust my watts your mod adjusts the voltage to give you the watts you want. Stepping the voltage by .1 volts is going to give you a finer adjustment than adjusting wattage by .5. It really is just a preference thing. You can set wattage, if you like your different juices, vaped on different atties, all at the same wattage. I have found that different flavors will taste better at different power levels. Coffees and other easy to burn juice need lower settings than some of the juices that can take more heat.

I know this probably does not help much. There is a chart you can follow for a range on volts or watts for different resistance atties.

http://www.vaporsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/power-vaping-chart-lg.jpg

You mod should shut off when battery level drops below usable. The previous mentioned suggestion is best. Start off low then step up little by little till you get the best flavor, if you start to taste crispy juice then turn it back down a little.

Last edited:

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Start with the volts/watts turned low. Gradually turn it up until you get the flavor you like. If it starts to taste burnt, you have gone too high. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Volts or watts is really up to you, if you adjust volts you are setting the voltage. If you adjust my watts your mod adjusts the voltage to give you the watts you want. Stepping the voltage by .1 volts is going to give you a finer adjustment than adjusting wattage by .5. It really is just a preference thing. You can set wattage, if you like your different juices, vaped on different atties, all at the same wattage. I have found that different flavors will taste better at different power levels. Coffees and other easy to burn juice need lower settings than some of the juices that can take more heat.

I know this probably does not help much. There is a chart you can follow for a range on volts or watts for different resistance atties.

http://www.vaporsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/power-vaping-chart-lg.jpg

You mod should shut off when battery level drops below usable. The previous mentioned suggestion is best. Start off low then step up little by little till you get the best flavor, if you start to taste crispy juice then turn it back down a little.

thx this does help, and makes some sense, im sure it will make more sense as I play with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread