Mod Parasitic Drain When Left On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Hey all. I have a few mods, and was just wondering if I can leave my current use one's on when they are sitting on my desk. Is there a parasitic drain on the battery, even if I'm not hitting the draw button? Thanks!

The innokin and Aspire in particular
Sunday Night Companions Reduced.jpg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
All electronic mods will have some parasitic drain as long as a battery is installed. It will be highest while the display is on (as pictured). Once the display shuts off, it should decrease to dramatically, like to the point where leaving it that way for a few days won't make a noticeable difference to the battery's state-of-charge. Some mods also have a "deep sleep" mode, where the drain drops to a few micro-amps. That's for all intents and purposes negligible. But there is no way to truly turn then OFF and reduce the parasitic drain to zero without removing the battery (assuming they have a removable battery). Turning them "off" via five clicks likely won't make a difference. Think of that as "locked" rather than "off".

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
Thanks Rossum! I collect high end hand held led flashlights also. The parasitic drain is always a question for them too.

View attachment 822231
Anyone who's got a bunch of 18650s laying around needs at least one good flashlight [emoji106]

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Some are far far far worse than others. I have a few mods I've learned never to leave a battery in as the mod will vampire the cell to 0. Others are fine even after months on the shelf.
:offtopic: but happy birthday, @Shawn Hoefer

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah it depends on the mod. My freaking Revenger X (which I love) is gonna drain the batteries a LOT (on or off) thanks to the ginormous power allocation it gives to the clock which I thought I wanted but is USELESS to me. They cylon (another clock mod) is just as bad. Some just really suck.

My Steampunk nano has almost zero drain. I don't even bother turning it off unless I am taking it somewhere. It all depends on the chip in the mod.

Anna

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Yeah it depends on the mod. My freaking Revenger X (which I love) is gonna drain the batteries a LOT (on or off) thanks to the ginormous power allocation it gives to the clock which I thought I wanted but is USELESS to me. They cylon (another clock mod) is just as bad. Some just really suck.

My Steampunk nano has almost zero drain. I don't even bother turning it off unless I am taking it somewhere. It all depends on the chip in the mod.

Anna

Thanks Anna. Sounds very similar to my lights. A majority of them have chips in them, and the parasitic drain varies from light to light.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

Anna

You can turn the clock Off in the settings.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Since I started vaping and using mods almost 8 years ago, I have never shut off a mod , at least the ones in my rotation. I do have a dozen that I dont use anymore and those have no batteries installed, but the dozen I do use stay on . Some of the ones that are on, may not get used for days, but I still leave them ready to go....but they are small, single 18650's, so they dont really drain that much....

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can turn the clock Off in the settings.

Thank you Madame @Fidola13 , good to know.

I'm not touching my cylon though. The screen is not dying (yet) and I hear if you fiddle with things at all, like brightness, it can die. That happened to my first one. I was reluctant to buy another but I loved the vape so much!

The Revenger will be de-clocked. Once I figure it out. LOL.

Anna

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal

Anna

With Vaporesso turn off the auto functions and reduce screen timeout. In my Armour it's a world of difference.

Reactions: stols001

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
I turn my mods off if not being used. Its just a few to five clicks on again. I really have not noticed anything where I have turned one on after several days and thought "wow, how'd that lose charge?"
I have seen batteries though left in chargers after they reached charge and it gets turned off just a day later lose a significant amount of charge.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread