Mod problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
I used my pulse bf after some years and it worked at first but then stopped charging and doesnt turn on. Sometimes there's a total black screen and some others this thing appears. My laptop doesnt recognise the device if I connect it. When I used it for the last time some years back it worked perfectly and It has been kept safe since then. No dust, no falls, no nothing. Any ideas? Could it just be the battery? I don't have another to try.

Attachments

• 265726662_628378735247307_2733749140056526810_n.jpg
    265726662_628378735247307_2733749140056526810_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 27

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don't see how this is a battery issue given the screen in the image. I think the main chip on the board is messed up. It could be a screen issue, but that screen problem looks more like an information problem, not a screen problem. Did you store it in extreme heat or cold?

As far as your laptop not recognizing the mod, try holding in the fire button as you plug the mod into your laptops USB. Hold it for 10 seconds before you give up. Do this without the battery in the mod. If you can get your mod to be recognized and if Vandy Vape provides firmware downloads, i would try to flash the firmware. Of course, only do this only after you have ruled out the battery being the issue, but I just don;t see how a battery problem could make your mod do what it's doing.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    There might be a way to reset it. Looking through reddit, I saw that some users had a failed firmware update and used this method to get the device recognized:

Remove battery, hold the fire and up buttons while re-inserting the battery, then plug in the usb.

I hope this helps but I haven't tried it as my Pulse in storage still works fine when I pulled it out to check.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    There might be a way to reset it. Looking through reddit, I saw that some users had a failed firmware update and used this method to get the device recognized:

Remove battery, hold the fire and up buttons while re-inserting the battery, then plug in the usb.

I hope this helps but I haven't tried it as my Pulse in storage still works fine when I pulled it out to check.

Nice. Here you go...

"For anyone else that may come across this problem what finally worked for me was with the battery out of the mod hold down the power and up buttons then while still holding the buttons insert the battery. The world is right again."
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/8mp33r/warning_pulse_80w_bricked/

Hope that works for ya.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread