MOD with REPLACEABLE internal battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapesmooth123

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2016
I've had a Realoux DNA200 Triple 18650 for about a year and it's just too dam big and heavy to carry around in pocket and I end up smoking more instead. With smaller MODS I've had before (smoktech groove 2 3800 mAh internal), I was down to 1 cigarette a month and preferring vaping anyway and wasn't vaping heavily or huge clouds (was only using a single 1.8 ohm coil in a basic dripper at 7 Volts which is nothing compared to todays tanks/coils but I was fine with that).

I bought a bunch of newer tanks with the realoux and seem to still prefer the TFV8 from what's available (why haven't they added juice flow still is what I'm saying?) Not the baby one but I might get that with the new mod to downsize everything. So I need something that can give decent battery life to these .15 ohm coils or whatever they are.

I might get a dual 18650 DNA mod, but I'm thinking maybe something with an internal lipo pack instead because it might pack more mAhs in a smaller area. Is that True? I'm using 3 LG browns in the realoux and will probably use those LGs for a dual 18650 (a new pair), so that would be 6000 mAh I think.

The internal battery mod with the biggest battery I've looked at so far is 5000 mAh. The main thing though is that I want one I can easily find a replacement battery for and easily replace it when the time comes. Is there such a thing?

And a lot of single cell lipos charge really fast and don't need to be DNA (safe) from what I remember because it's not a series of batteries charging (or discharging). FWIW, I don't really care for the DNA board besides it's safety of USB charging. Unless maybe it's just much more stable and not buggy like cheap chips?

If I get a dual 18650, it will have to be DNA because I DO charge it via usb. I have xtar dedicated chargers but I prefer to just plug in the USB (and I passthrough vape). The DNA I've been charging for about 9 moths USB and read the voltages are all the same and it really is a safe USB charger unlike the cheaper Chinese chips. I might also get a single 18650 mod for like if I'm going snowboarding or at a wedding or something and don't want a bigger dual 18650 in my pocket. So the single 18650 probably would be okay if it's not a DNA chip.

1 last thing, I need it 100W, I usually only vape around 50-60 but sometimes I crank it up to clean coils or a gurgle etc. I don't need 200W but won't omit that from the choices just because it's 200W.

sorry long. any replies I might make probably won't be nearly as long. thank you

Reactions: stols001

vapesmooth123

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2016
^ true, I didn't look into this yet much (I was praying it wouldn't be a ... research project like everythingg when I buy something online that's new or changing), but I read some of the lipo pack internals are like 3-cell to get more amps I guess, so maybe they a) won't charge super fast at like 2 amps, and b) must make sure it's a DNA chip if going to USB charge since it's not just one single battery.

Another thing is what I saw was only a 1300 mAh replaceable lipo.
LG brown is 3000 maH, so twice the mAh with just one 18650.
Maybe there's mods with larger internal batts than 1300 mAh but I don't think it's going to save much more than a 1/4" or something vs a dual 18650.

I'm just going to continue process of elimination and pick a dual 18650 DNA and also a single 18650 DNA. Or maybe there's one that converts size to both.

Anyway one last thing I was wondering, I saw this MOD says this

"
Lost Vape Therion DNA75C ($120)
Without doubt, the Lost Vape Therion is the most luxurious DNA75C mod out there.

The battery panels are genuine leather, and come in many different shades and styles. You can purchase the battery panels separately to refresh the look of the Therion when you need a change. The front panels are made out of wood. The body is zinc alloy.