Modding and DIY Parts Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
One thing i am searching for is 510 atomizer connections...they seem to be sold out on goodprophets, liberty flights and madvapes

i also am curious about what type of wire i woudl need to connect the atomizer connector to the battery connector..i have solder and a soldering gun...

also i am looking for metal tubing suppliers and any small project machinist work

thanks

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado

Calypso

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Indiana
I think the short pipes are 4'. This will keep you supplied for a while. Aslo check out the end caps and pipe repair tubing. I find that lowes has a better supply of ......... "modding parts" just take your time and look at all of the items with modding eyes. Don't forget to visit the brass section too. :) And you may also want to look at the "Shark Bite" products. and.. and...and. My wife usually likes to go to Lowes with me but if I'm looking for mod parts I have to go alone because I just wonder all over looking at everything.

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
PharMed® Tubing 1/16" ID x 3/16" OD x 1/16" Wall | U.S. Plastic Corp. - just ordered some of this to build a bottom feeder in the style of my reo grand. 6ml bottles: 6cc Natural Cylinder Bottle with Dropper Cap | U.S. Plastic Corp.

As far as the o-rings, those will need to be separately sourced FDA compliant 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD from McMaster. McMaster-Carr

Just measured everything carefully with a digital caliper. Haven't gotten anything yet to test if it's all correct so, we'll see :)
Hope this isn't stepping on toes by posting this information publicly, but this IS a modding forum and it was hard for me to find the info by search so I took it upon myself.

Edit:

About to order the o-rings and looking at stainless steel "hypodermic tubing". Going to try a few different sizes to see what will work best. McMaster part # 89875K522 seems it has an OD slightly larger than the tubing's ID which would probably be ideal. I'm probably gonna try a few different sizes, maybe even some fittings. Apparently they make a bender for this tubing, which could have some interesting applications for modding ;)

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Onlinemetals.com is good and they do small orders happily and cuts as well. K&S Engineering has a nice selection of telescoping tubing in 12" and 36" lengths. Amazon too, I just got a foot of 13/16" tubing which is 20.6mm OD and 19.05mm ID that fits 18XXX batts quite well. :D

Any other sources for thin metal tubing cut to size? copper is fun, but not what i want

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I'm really hoping one of you guys can help me out. I was searching for a thread in a subforum, so I could be sneaky, since my buddy is also on ecf. I'm NOT a modder, myself. I'm looking for a vendor who carries pre-carved wooden boxes, as a gift for a friend who wants to build his own. I've hit all the major vendors and not having any luck. Any of you guys have a suggestion on where to go to find pre-carved wooden boxes, suitable for modding? Thanks so much! Or if there's a better thread you know of with that sorta info, I'd be grateful.

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
I'm really hoping one of you guys can help me out. I was searching for a thread in a subforum, so I could be sneaky, since my buddy is also on ecf. I'm NOT a modder, myself. I'm looking for a vendor who carries pre-carved wooden boxes, as a gift for a friend who wants to build his own. I've hit all the major vendors and not having any luck. Any of you guys have a suggestion on where to go to find pre-carved wooden boxes, suitable for modding? Thanks so much! Or if there's a better thread you know of with that sorta info, I'd be grateful.

I know this guy makes nice wood boxes, both with the wiring, and without for modders.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-supplier-forum/269721-wildman-wood-mods.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread