Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I know they are mech mods. I am trying to figure out which one is better for dripping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All a mech mod is, is a battery holder. Functionally there is zero difference between one or another. In other words given the same topper you will never be able to tell a difference between which mech you use. The choice should be based on looks, button location, etc.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
All a mech mod is, is a battery holder. Functionally there is zero difference between one or another. In other words given the same topper you will never be able to tell a difference between which mech you use. The choice should be based on looks, button location, etc.

You should stop talking about things you know nothing about...

Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
I understand that. I am talking about reliability and life span. I don't want to get one and it last a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want life span (something that will basically last a lifetime), I suggest sticking with a stainless steel mod. Brass is pretty and cool and a bit more interesting than stainless steel, but it's also much softer, so those 510 threads will wear out long before stainless 510 threads.

On the flip side, you'll find that once you purchase your first mech and use it for a while, you start itching for another one. ;-)

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
If you want life span (something that will basically last a lifetime), I suggest sticking with a stainless steel mod. Brass is pretty and cool and a bit more interesting than stainless steel, but it's also much softer, so those 510 threads will wear out long before stainless 510 threads.

On the flip side, you'll find that once you purchase your first mech and use it for a while, you start itching for another one. ;-)
Absolutely -- especially if you are a Cloneiac like me. ;)

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
I have the m16 in brass and a Launcher clone. I was going for the Caravela at one time (love sailing and it's pretty) but decided against it. See Caravela Clone Review from Fasttech-Dat Ship Doe-VapingwithTwisted420 - YouTube

Twisted loves the mod, but notes that the one he has

1. didn't have all the 510 pins that the real Caravela comes with, which meant that some attys didn't sit flush. idk if the one you're bidding on has these, or has an adjustable 510 connection. m16 has a floating connection, so everything sits flush.
2. There's no delrin insulator on the Vela firing button, so the battery ends up sitting on naked metal. That rules out some batteries. Twisted is using a green Panasonic. Your clone might have a delrin; idk.

I'm sure both mods are great, btw. I was just going for a first mod, and wanted things as simple as possible.

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Here are a few of mine:

010.jpg

King Brass Chromed - SS Caravela - Natural - King Brass.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
You should stop talking about things you know nothing about...

Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

Nice hit and run, with no real debate or discussion added. There is NOTHING that makes one mech better for dripping vs any other purpose. You do not need a certain mech to drip and a different one for a different purpose. Functionally they are all the same.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

??
One of the key things a user looks for in a mech mod is solid mechanical contacts; for example you could have 2 thin wiredconnecting the on/off button; a short on your mod might fry those wires, and it's something the user does not want; you want actual solid metal sometimes, and not thin wires or soldered joints.
Another thing people look for is solid contruction; a mech is just a battery tube; You can get a cheap mech made of plastic I suppose, but I've never seen any.

Actually, making a mech out of mostly plastic rubberized material for most of the body might turn out to have some advantages now that I think about it.... I could see that happening... metal at the top; metal at the bottom, but the tube part could be made of thick stiff impact resistant rubber/plastic material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread