Money-saving idea - dead dual-coil DCT atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

haiqu

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Bundarra NSW
A couple days ago one of the attys in the 3.5ml tanks I bought started giving reduced vapour output when using it with my fixed voltage eGo. I measured it and it was pretty obvious that one coil had gone open-circuit as the resistance had risen. I put it aside and replaced it with a spare, but then while reading the forum today noticed someone saying that single coil attys work best in VV systems.

So, I'll be using this one in my new Lambo mod. Sure beats tossing it out.

ZW99GT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
DFW
Strangely, I have noticed this. My 1.5 ohm dual coil got dropped the other day, and it fractured a coil, now she's running on 1 2.9ohm coil and at 4.8v its more vapour than ever!
this however would be attributed to only having a 2.5 amp draw limit

I have just discovered the exact same thing not 30 mins ago. I used Smok DC cartos (of various resistance) for months and they just never impressed me on my Ego Twist or LT, even turned up all the way. They would flood really quick in a tank (becuase they weren't fully burning juice) and just generally ...... me off. I put 15 of them on the shelf to never be seen again. I recently got a Zmax capable of 4A and gave them a try just to see if a miracle would revive them. They're back in two of my tanks being used right now. 13W on the Zmax gives Huge vapor, great heat that I have not found from anything else I've tried.

In my findings, A 2A and/or fixed voltage device will not properly power any dual coil cartomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread