More and More Restrictions are Put on E-cigarettes: See What Happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOOPOO_Official

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2016
shenzhen,China
voopoo.com
The vaping industry has been evolving really speedily in the recent decades. E-cigarettes helps more and more smokers turn smoking into vaping which is much more healthier. However, too much water drowned the miller. Vaping developing so rapidly has endangered the interests of traditional tobaccos. Thus, there are more and more restrictions and bans on E-cigarettes.

In China, Hong Kong will ban sales, manufacture, importation, distribution, or promotion of vapor products and heat-not-burn (HNB) tobacco products according to the South China Morning Post. A conviction for any of these crimes could result in up to six months in jail and a fine of 50,000 Hong Kong dollars (about $6,370 U.S.).

In India, last December, the country’s ministry of electronics and IT proposed changes to India's Information Technology Act, which would require Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter and so on to remove online content that promotes ENDS.

In Canada, following the release of a campaign targeting youth vaping, Health Canada is now proposing new restrictions on advertising vaping products to minors. It is said that adverts for vaping products would also not be allowed within 30 minutes of any television or radio show aimed at children or youth, and in any publications, including social media platforms, that are aimed at youth. Additionally where allowed, such ads would also have to include health warnings, whether the product contains nicotine or not.

The above are just the tip of the world's vaping restrictions iceberg. How vaping industry will develop still remains unknown.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

In China, Hong Kong will ban sales, manufacture, importation, distribution, or promotion of vapor products and heat-not-burn (HNB) tobacco products according to the South China Morning Post. A conviction for any of these crimes could result in up to six months in jail and a fine of 50,000 Hong Kong dollars (about $6,370 U.S.).

Sparse news on this here in US. A China ecig takedown would mark the end of real vaping for us. Nothing left but state sanctioned tobacco mega corp offerings. We're already well on the way to being acclimated to the one-vape-fits-all and liking it…all the while vilified for corrupting the kids. Back to being criminals all.

Guess RoC finally figured out vapers spend less than smokers. And they need their tobacco industry. Took 'em a while. Wonder how much US influence was in play. But the autocrats there are just as determined to roll back the liberties of HK citizens as our's are here at home. It's more saddening by the day to live on this planet.

First they came for the vapers…

Good luck. :) (as I've been saying)

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Expect to see more of these China companies to set up US warehouses. Quickly. I have read a few of them already do have them here. I do not know if they originate in 'Hong Kong' or manufacture there. I thought most of the production took place in Shenzhen,China?? Anyone have more news on where production actually occurs in China?

:)

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
My understanding was that nearly everything e cig is made in Shenzen but @VOOPOO_Thea Thea can correct me if i'm wrong.

Although HK was handed back to China it maintains its separate political identity and as such this new law does not reflect what might (or is going to) happen in the mainland.

There are a lot of companies which are set up in HK to take advantage of their beneficial tax laws so I don't no whether the new law will have an effect on those enterprises. It is a popular location for warehousing also which is big business there.

As I understand it...individual travellers who are transiting in Hong Kong will be left alone so the question is will manufactured goods (warehoused or not) have the same privelidge.

@VOOPOO_Thea can you give any further information on this? :)

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The vaping industry has been evolving really speedily in the recent decades. E-cigarettes helps more and more smokers turn smoking into vaping which is much more healthier. However, too much water drowned the miller. Vaping developing so rapidly has endangered the interests of traditional tobaccos. Thus, there are more and more restrictions and bans on E-cigarettes.

In India, last December, the country’s ministry of electronics and IT proposed changes to India's Information Technology Act, which would require Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter and so on to remove online content that promotes ENDS.

In Canada, following the release of a campaign targeting youth vaping, Health Canada is now proposing new restrictions on advertising vaping products to minors. It is said that adverts for vaping products would also not be allowed within 30 minutes of any television or radio show aimed at children or youth, and in any publications, including social media platforms, that are aimed at youth. Additionally where allowed, such ads would also have to include health warnings, whether the product contains nicotine or not.

The above are just the tip of the world's vaping restrictions iceberg. How vaping industry will develop still remains unknown.
Voopoo cannot complain about marketing to minors because Voopoo has done it.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Didn't realize I'd opened this line of remarks here on a vendor thread. But having done it, no regrets.

Good luck all. :)
I was speaking of the Voopoo marketing to kids thing. In my view your comment was spot on.

I just saw a study recently that 2+ million kids vaped in 016 and it was pushing 4.5 in 018. Politics aside that's 100+% increase in 2 years. That's just in the US.
Now one thing rarely mentioned isn't how many are doing it, but what's in the sauce. And all too often it aint nicotine. Combine that with legalizing that 'alternative' mood enhancer all across America and it's no wonder vaping has exploded on the teen market like an atomic bomb.

It's very upsetting to the folks who know nothing about the positives of vaping. So knee-jerk reactions are rearing their ugly heads lately.

Now if the governments ban all of those well designed devices that'll possibly lead to a whole bunch of home made hand grenades instead of proper vape tools. Hope not. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail at some point. A lot of good has been done through the nicotine vape and it sure would be a bummer to see it stopped.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Thirty minutes? Gotta wonder what that means.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The HK thing may or may not turn out to be a big deal for US users. HK has a very different law base than the rest of China. Inside China proper there are no ecig restrictions at all. The issue though is most electronics exports out of China are through HK. It’s the import bit that matters. Shenzhen is where 90+% of the world’s electronics are made, and they’re made there mostly because the place is right next to HK.

This could throw a gigantic wrench into ecig availability. Or not. It all depends on whether the HK ban will affect things moving THROUGH HK or not, and whether if it does the companies are able to export easily avoiding HK entirely.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

Mfg or export remarketing, not optimistic. Forwarding, likely no problem. Too important a shipping waypoint. All this just makes iit harder to do business without the help of those who know China. Bad mojo for them peep's.

Good luck. :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Mfg or export remarketing, not optimistic. Forwarding, likely no problem. Too important a shipping waypoint. All this just makes iit harder to do business without the help of those who know China. Bad mojo for them peep's.

Good luck. :)
No change there. China has always been a minefield that way. It’s just a very very different place. All countries are to one degree or other. In China the difference between itself and the US are merely greater and more numerous than say, the UK. For an American the UK seems very very like the US until it very suddenly doesn’t. It’s possible to forget you’re in a different place and it can bite you. Back in the late 80’s I remember nearly being killed in London once because I crossed the street while forgetting everyone drove the other way. It felt a bit like stepping into a puddle you assumed would not be deep enough to wet your shoes and finding it’s a foot deep.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread