more dual coil carto ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarnspice

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Pacific,MO
Hey Iffy you out there?

so last night I topped off the carto and overfilled-way! the dropper bottle I have does more of a squirt than a drop-It looked like it was soaked in but when I took the first hit it gurgled up into my mouth-yuck!!!

so then- in a flash of brilliance :confused: I tried to use a twisted paper towel to stick in there and clean the drops off the sides of the carto so I would not aspirate it -pushed too hard -bent the center post and ruined the carto

can you give me a crash course in filling and topping these off or refer me to a video or something-
I have never filled a carto before and it worked great the first time even though I am not sure I filled it up all the way-I am a lite to med vaper so if it was filled would it have needed to be topped off after 1 day of med use? mainly need to know- how to know when it's filled ( a certain # of drops etc...) and when to top off and when a cart need to be tossed
really not wanting to vape burning polyfill! if it's burning will it have the same burnt taste as the prefilled carts I was using?

the second one is vaping great but in my caution to avoid overfill I may not have filled it up all the way
I want to be sure I am doing this right -don't want to ruin any more :(

one more thing-Is the juice (6 mg) dangerous if you get some in your mouth or on your skin?

really love this batt/carto -any help to fine tune my filling process would be appreciated
thanks

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Search "Condom Fill" method. Easiest way to fill any carto out there. For the dual coils, I condom fill from the bottom and then a few drops in the top along the side to top them off.

I vape 36 mg during the day at work, sucked plenty into my mouth thanks to great tanks like the UFS and Vapemate... just nasty tasting is all. I would nic extremely hard on 6ml, and would probably skip trying to vape it and eat it instead. Lowest I have been able to go is 12 mg, and that is @ 6volts on a dual coil carto. If the voltage is set any lower, I have to crank the nic up to compensate.

To fill the Dualcoil Cartomizers I (sometimes) will put a "cart condom" on the bottom just to keep it from leaking, then I drip around the edges of the carto trying to avoid dripping through the straw in the middle as it will just leak through, gurgle, or end up in my mouth (yuck!). Then I "shake it like a Polaroid picture" to force the liquid to the bottom of the cartridge... I then add a few more drops, shake, and repeat until the filler is so saturated that the visible bit at the top is still wet after shaking it. I then pop a driptip on top and vape away!

Sugarnspice

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Pacific,MO
Thanks guys- I should have specified these are the ego mega dual coil cartos- so they don't come with condoms and none of the ones I have from the 808 pre-filled carts I was using fit

I filled the first one just dripping around the sides and it worked perfect -it was beautiful until I topped it off-guess I'll just have to learn how to know when it's full and when to top off-looked for a youtube video and there were a few on filling this way but video quality wasn't quite good enough to really see what the cart looked like when it was full-should you be able to actually see liquid or do you go by the fact that there are no white spots? Iffy posted if I could see come color probably didn't need top off but I didn't see it until after. just don't want to wait to long and burn it. Chalk this one up to pilot error!:laugh:
Luckily I have plenty of cartos!

Anybody know about how many drops these hold? might be easier to just count drops for now
and also when will I know the carto is ready to toss -will it just stop producing vapor?

I love that you can just drip the juice in-so easy to do - and sooo worth it -this setup is awesome!!!!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
S&S,

Ya still here?

One way too minimize over fill is to put in your drops and then set the carto on a napkin. While dripping slowly, occasionally check the napkin for juice. As soon as you see a leak, stop filling. Then GENTLY blow on the mouth tip end into the napkin. You can tell when the tube is clear by the sound (or lack thereof). This will clear the tube without blowing out usable juice.

I fill my carto by holding it at about 30-40 degrees and rotating it as I drip juice in where the filler meets the carto wall. I don't count drops, so I can't help ya there...

When topping off, I just watch the connector end for juice. As soon as I see juice in the connector end hole, that's it. I still do the gentle blow to insure the tube is clear which aids preventing 'eating' juice.

After a refill and before 'storage', I like to take at least a half dozen hits to ensure satisfactory operation and then check for 'wet' contacts. I store mine on their sides.

I'm guessing as to when YOU need to top off. But I would say that in your situation that a carto should last nearly a day. Try vaping all day and then refilling before bedtime.

Keep us posted as to how you're doing with the eMDCCs!

Sugarnspice

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Pacific,MO
I love these cartos and once I find some flavors I like I plan to use these exclusively but I am wondering if anyone can can recommend something that would be equally simple that works well but smaller for juice testing -i am not sure if these mega's can be boiled or if I would want to do all that but don't want to waste these great cartos on flavors I don't like-btw I just got the 900 mah ego kit
also just got my first pack from gourmet vapor -anyone know if these need to steep and if so how long?
It's really fun to try diff flavors and I want to make sure I give each one a fair shake!
Thanks -so great to have this resource-haven't been steered wrong yet!

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I don't normally use a syringe to fill my cartos, but I've started using one with my Dual Coils. It's quick, easy and prevents dry spots which can cause a burnt taste. I have the clear tube type, so that makes it even easier.

Some Gourmet Vapor flavors need steeping and others are ready-to-vape. The best advice I can give you is to try them and if they don't taste right, then let them steep. Steeping can vary from flavor to flavor, so give them a couple of days and try them again. Keep trying them every couple of days until the flavor is to your liking. I would say if the flavor still isn't right after a couple of weeks that it might be a lost cause and time to PIF it.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
A syringe is best for any of the big cartos over 3 ml. The ego mega dual holds over four ml so they would take a long time to drip fill them. You can get a good 5 ml syringe here for 1.50 with free shipping. They do ask you to buy more than one or something else being as shipping is more than 1.50. 5ml Filler Needle:2cool:

Last edited:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
The syringe is best, but if you don't have one yet. here's a little step-by-step procedure that works:

- Remove the mouthpiece cap.
- Gently put a round toothpick into that little tube in the center of the carto. (Keeps juice from going straight through and out the bottom).
- Lean the carto against something and fill it standing up on a paper towel.
- Slowly fill the carto until you see a few drops come out the bottom.
- Once all the juice has saturated the filler, lay the carto on its side and remove the toothpick. Turn it every three or four minutes for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a dampened paper towel to remove any juice from the outside of the carto. Put the mouthpiece cap back on the carto.
- Holding a paper towel under the carto, gently but firmly blow through it until no more excess juice comes out.
- Clean the bottom of the carto.

Ready to go.

TT

Sugarnspice

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Pacific,MO
S&S,
Keep us posted as to how you're doing with the eMDCCs!

Hey guys -ok-got this down to a science-they've been takin about 60 drops -give or take-and filled to perfection
next time I'll just wait till I see all white to top off-I've only ruined the one carto so far-gonna try Iffy's flush method too- I did have a couple not fire right off the bat but I found the fix on a thread here -so easy- and they both fired right up:D
for future reference what should I do if I accidentally overfill one?
thanks again!!!
still:vapor:-love that emoticon!!!:laugh:
peace out

Last edited:

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Urbana, Illinois, United States
If the liquid is pooling in the top of the carto I suck it out with a syringe til it looks slushy, that what you want it to look like. I drop when refilling, suck off top and then insert the syringe to make sure it gets to the bottom, if it pools again I suck it off and I know it's full.

count dragula

Jul 9, 2011
NoVA
FWIW, one trick (From youtube) that works with the regular ego mega cartos (single coil) is to fill the syringe from your bottle with the drip stopper removed, then sit the carto battery end over the clear bottle. If you have juice dripping from the bottom, it drips back into your bottle. And when it drips, you know it's full.

Of course, I only do this with my 10ml DIY mix bottle, not with my 30ml store source bottle, as I don't want what was in the carto before spilling into my stock source.

But the "regular" megas fill by syringe through a fill port (two covers down), so the procedure is a little different from the larger dual coils. (They come with shaped bottom caps that don't work for condom method filling.)

But the trick of dripping back into the bottle should work the same. Why waste it?
(That's my "inner miser" thing, again. ;))

Are the dual coil megas exclusive to MV?
(I don't want to get used to disposables only available from a single source, as future availability may not be as certain as something from multiple sources.)

Sugarnspice

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Pacific,MO
Hey Iffy
can you recommend a smaller dual coil carto that would work well for my ego-want to use them to test juices-I love these mega and once I find my fave flaves will use them exclusively but hate to waste them on flavors I don't like-there are several out there but I'm not sure which ones will work on my 900 mah 3.7 v battery
also I have a 10 ml bottle of madvapes red usa mix 24 mg that I want to give away to anyone who wants it -I vape 6 mg and 24 would prob blow my head off. where should I post this?

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Hey Iffy
can you recommend a smaller dual coil carto that would work well for my ego-want to use them to test juices-

I love these mega and once I find my fave flaves will use them exclusively but hate to waste them on flavors I don't like-there are several out there but I'm not sure which ones will work on my 900 mah 3.7 v battery

S&S,

PM me your snail mail addy and I'll send ya either a new 510 CCV dual coil (not recommended for sampling) or a used de-wicked/de-bridged 510 atty for testing. I personally drip on a 510 or eGo T de-wicked/de-bridged atty for sampling new flavs. With a 510 CCV DC, you'll still have a residual flav of the previous juice if ya don't clean it.

BTW, I've re-sampled some flavs, that I first tried on the 510, with the modified eGo T atty. And I find flavor wise, the 510 dripping flav is virtually the same as the modified eGo.

LMK soon... I'm gonna be heading down to the Keys later this week to share a brew, or two, or three, or
partyhard.gif
with KeysBum... and 'snag' some 'bugs' (aka Caribbean lobster) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread