The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mosfet/Advice

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by TheSilenton3, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TheSilenton3

TheSilenton3 New Member

Aug 5, 2017
    OK so basically i want to put some(x2) 18650 batteries i have to use as basically a backup to my evod(cheap clone .... i guess).. not trying to sub ohm or any of that crazy .... yet i just want to have an alternative power source for use with the mt3 tank that i have. so ive got some tact buttons a few other random buttons i can utilize.. so from what ive seen around the net its adviseable to use a mosfet with the button. i have these mosfets lying around and wondered if they would work for what im needing in this scenario, or if i need one at all, or if i could just use a fuse or sumthing.. like how does an evod work without a mosfet and what not? as far as i know there isnt any kind of circuit board or anything in the evod battery, just the battery and a tact switch connected to the ego/510 connector at the top.. i basically just want to mimic how it works but with the 18650s

the mosfets are Samwin sw630(3 of them)/sw634, STP3NC60, IRFBC40. from what i understand and can see from comparing the mosfets i have to those that are normally recommended (IRLB3034PbF,IRL3103) the main difference i see is the RDS(on) has a higher amp rating then what the 4 mosfets that i listed have.. im guessing thats where these become unusable in my application right? or is it the 10v/4.5v thing that i need.. all mine have the 10v but not the other listing on the datasheets. im trying my damndest to understand these dang mosfets lol.. i have a bunch of dc wall warts laying around that i could prolly salvage the right kind of mosfet out of but is there sumthing on the plug that i could look for before cracking one open.. id rather put sumthing to use thats just sitting in a box before purchasing one if i can. unless anyone knows how i can get a free sample of one of the recommendeds.. i know im gonna get the "why dont u just buy the blah blah and blah blah".. but if the evod can work without all that why cant i somehow come up with a similar setup? anyhow i leave this at that for now and continue disscussion after input. i know this is long and thanks for taking the time to read and reply! Just a guy trying to learn some .... lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.