Motorcycle handlebar mount for Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentpushrod

Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
North Dakota
I've been doing a little brainstorming today. The weather is finally starting to warm up a little, and riding season is here again. I ride a Harley Sportster, and would love to vape as I ride. I've been looking at handlebar flashlight mounts for bicycles. With a little modification I think my Provari Mini would fit one nicely. I'm thinking of running some clear tubing from the handlebars, down the backbone, under the tank, with extra tubing that would reach to my mouth. When not in use, I could tuck the excess on each end under the tank.

I should be able to reach the fire button with my thumb. If not I have another idea, involving more time and work with a metal clamp, a linkage system to the button from my left grip. this would involve some light fabrication and welding, which is no problem either.

I don't usually wear a helmet...I know shame on me, so a helmet mount is out of the question. Anybody else fab anything similar up?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
This one was cool by a fellow member:

This how my Reo Mini rolls.....

madeuce-albums-madeuce-picture204864-img-00000045.jpg

madeuce-albums-madeuce-picture204863-img-00000046.jpg

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
If your Sporty is pre rubber engine mounts you're probably going to find your Provari bouncing down the highway unexpectantly. My first bike was a 98 Sporty and the thing vibrated so bad that the speedo and tach snapped off. I think it would be tough to pull from a tube. I used to smoke on the bike, and the biggest problem was not having hot ash blow in my face. I would grab a cigalike for when you're on the bike.

bentpushrod

Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
North Dakota
Yeah, it would be a long straw, but I think doable. That Reo looks like it's sitting on a 2009 CVO Road Glide. One of my all time favorite bikes, especially the orange one in that year. My sporty is a rubber mount. It's a 2008 Nightster, bunch of little stuff done. 12 inch mini apes, pipes, extended forwards, tank lift, relocated coil and ignition switch, ditched the front fender and turn signals. Digital speedo set into the top riser clamp. Ditched all the crappy plastic crap under the tank. Nothing mechnical yet, but that's coming later. It just has that cleaned up bobber look.

I don't think a cigalike is going to work for me. No windshield, won't be able to keep a cigalike in my mouth with the wind blast. I' ll fab something up in the next couple of weeks.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Hey bentpushrod: I smoked on my Harley's all the time unless it was raining but I don't smoke anymore! Vaping, I put my VAMO in a Leather Pouch with cutout for firing Button and Lanyard around my neck. Depending on what I'm wearing it can go in a Vest, Jacket or Shirt Pocket or if I'm cruising low speed just let it hang. Weather turns bad tuck it in Jacket.

Picking up New Adventure Bike Triumph Tiger 1050 Sunday different Riding Gear new learning curve going to have to figure it out!?

I agree with Ravensfan Pre Rubber mount Sportster (I have a '96) will tear up just about anything on the bars over time! Hell, it dances while idling on the kick stand!

Skullman {:{}

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Take a look at this....

http://www.discountvapers.com/usb-variable-voltage-mini-passthrough-black/

You can run that through a cigarette lighter plug and is long enough to get the job done. I haven't tried it on the bike yet but plan in it soon. I've come to the conclusion that I don't need a battery power mod all the time.

Anyways that passthrough and my MVP are what's going on the bike next road trip. The passthrough also works on the MVP.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I've been doing a little brainstorming today. The weather is finally starting to warm up a little, and riding season is here again. I ride a Harley Sportster, and would love to vape as I ride. I've been looking at handlebar flashlight mounts for bicycles. With a little modification I think my Provari Mini would fit one nicely. I'm thinking of running some clear tubing from the handlebars, down the backbone, under the tank, with extra tubing that would reach to my mouth. When not in use, I could tuck the excess on each end under the tank.

I should be able to reach the fire button with my thumb. If not I have another idea, involving more time and work with a metal clamp, a linkage system to the button from my left grip. this would involve some light fabrication and welding, which is no problem either.

I don't usually wear a helmet...I know shame on me, so a helmet mount is out of the question. Anybody else fab anything similar up?

Sounds AWESOME.

Reminds me of those beer helmets, the ones that hold 2 beer cans, and have a plastic tube going directly to your mouth!

If you do it, make sure you post pictures on here!

Wackyjak

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Florida
Wear your T shirt on backwards so the pockets in the back. Keep your PV there and when you want a vap signal the little trinket sitting behind you to get it hold it in your mouth and hit the button. Both hands stay on the bars like that. Thats what I used to do when I smoked cigs. She could duck behind me out of the wind and light it for me. "goin to the boggie style" Ok I'm OLD. I used to love sportys, I now have a FX, 1972 frame,1978 tranny, and 1974 engine. So now I ride a BIG sporty lol.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I vape while riding all the time. The little pockets on the front of a leather vest work great for holding a PV. All that tubing and stuff seems way too geeky for me. Besides, you'd have to have a massive set of lungs to suck vapor through all that tubing, and you'd have a lot of condensation.

J.R.

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Phoenix, AZ. USA
. My sporty is a rubber mount. It's a 2008 Nightster, bunch of little stuff done. 12 inch mini apes, pipes, extended forwards, tank lift, relocated coil and ignition switch, ditched the front fender and turn signals. Digital speedo set into the top riser clamp. Ditched all the crappy plastic crap under the tank. Nothing mechnical yet, but that's coming later. It just has that cleaned up bobber look.

Sounds like a sweet ride.

Ride safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread