mov rebuildable atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

94civic3door

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
kentucky
I picked up a rebuildable addy just because i was courious about why some people loved them and why some didnt....it came in on ahhh tuesday morning i messed with it and lord it tasted like do-do got ...... threw it on the shelf and was like welp 15 bucks wasted,I told my buddy about it he tried it and same thing burnt nasty taste the next day,today i ran it under hot water dry burned it until it started to glow red,put a juice in there i had a ton of,and liked or course...and wow i was blown away! the flavor is way way way better with this i thought it was great in my standered old boge and glass tank set up....but was i wrong! Now im wondering how do i start these up? when i rebuild it how long should i dry burn it and ill be going with 5 wraps....also HILDICAT did a great post on a vertical coil? are these better if so ill just go this way....I think ill still pack a tank for work (I work 13 hour days) but when im at home ill drip for sure....also when changeing flavors do i just run it under hot water? or will that damage anything? now i just have to figure these out also are there better styles/better flavor producers? any help would be app, This site/forum is amazing and so informative thank you all by the way:)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
usually a burnt taste is a hotspot or short in the coil. turn the volt down and pulse fire it and poke at it with a paper clip or syringe till it fires evenly.
usually i just open it up and rinse it gently under water real quick, then dry fire to reset the hotspots (if any)
usually once a week i pull the wick out and burn it with a lighter to clean it or change juices (i dont vary much on juices though) drop the wick back in and fire the coil to check for hot spots and refill.

using the drill bit method for the coil makes the wick easy to pull out for quick cleaning without recoiling.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I find the ERA, Hornet, and Fattv2 quite awesome units, much better then the $15 RBA's, there quality all SS build, contacts, and post design are Super, ( Bottom or Top feed they come ) ,,, you may want to give one of these or all 3 a shot, the bottom feeder versions work fabulous on Bottom feeders or dripping with them on top feeder version, they also will last a lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread