Move aside, 260w... here's the 400w mod, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
These kids that want bragging rights when it comes to producing massive clouds and bragging rights to the most powerful mods really need to get into DIY.

I would suggest to them that they build something really stout that would be attached to 220 VAC ... A good source of this power is easy to find in the house ... Start with the wall plugs that supply power to either the electric stove or the electric clothes drier.

Another good source of power can come from car batteries. 2 or 3 car batteries hooked up in series with quality jumper cables would be ideal, and supply the amps needed to make for a nice vape.

Both of these options would prove to make for great bragging rights! (and a fun YouTube video) ...... Forget these silly little hand held mods now currently available .... 400 watts is Chump-Change!

It's all going to come down to finding the easiest (and most impressive) way to blow your face off or burn your lungs out.

Who gets the fame of being the first "Cloud Chaser" to visit the hospital ER?

Last edited:

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I also have a Triumph Sprint ST with a 955 inline triple ;). I haven't had it over 120mph though :laugh:

Ahhh...you are making me miss my Triumph TT600 (some called it ugly...I called it personality) and Suzuki SV1000S. But since I bought my Yamaha AR230 it doesn't hurt as much.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I have to much stress in my life to care or worry about if someone blows apart their body parts. That is as long as it is not close to me to get my cloths all soiled. LOL To each there own. I do own a Sigelei 100 Plus with a Kanger Subohm Tank. Got a Kayfun 4 Subohm kit on the way to try on Sigelei.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
So my former student and I were vaping on kanger tanks a year and a half ago. Now he's doing this:

James Boggus And Emma Cote - @theparallelgravedance Instagram Profile - INK361

Obviously there's always going to be a segment of the community that wants to push the envelope no matter what. On the one hand I respect that drive as the benefits of experimentation at the limit trickle down to the rest of us. On the other hand, knowledge of how to do so safely needs to be part of that process.

Shogun1024

Senior Vapaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Charlotte
Must be some nice gauge of wiring in there!? knowing what I know probably not sounds like a fire starter.

That "10" battery mod has at max 14 gauge wire and for its intended purpose I wouldn trust it, I built a quad parallel box but use 10g HTS lipo hobby wire and it's still only rated to 125amps that 14ga copper, silver coated or not is rated at 17amps, or 32amps Max free air. SMDH somebody is gonna get hurt. And yeah depending on the build 400w is very doable but I run thru 20 drops of eliquid every hit lol

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
I work in a friend of mine B&M Vape Shop and one of our biggest things is we will not sell mech-mods or high wattage units to inexperienced vapers, unlike other shops and online stores that just want to make a sale we care about our customers safety. We strive to provide our customers with the best service possible and the first step towards ensuring that they receive the best quality service is making sure their safety is our first concern, We do this by talking with them one on one try to get a feel for their experience level and their vaping personality and then match them up with the devices and accessories that suite their style and skill level. If we sell them something and they get hurt they most likely won't be returning as a repeat or potential regular customer. We believe that we are educators as well as sales people. We are starting a once a month clinic or workshop on battery safety, ohm's law, and coil building to aid our customers in advancing their vaping experience and making sure they understand how to do it safely.

400 watt mechanical box mods are far from safe and IMO are uncalled for unless you have a party vape hookah that has a half gallon rebuildable tank atty with a coil made out of 12 gauge nicrom wire and is run off a 6-12 volt deepcell marine batteries run in series of 3 then in parallel.

Hell let's build a party vape using a glow plug out of a cummins diesel motor and run it off a couple 72 volt batteries and a Heineken pony Keg for an atty with a couple bilge fans from a boat to turbo charge airflow it should have 10 garden hose leads for mouth pieces and run at .001 ohms yeah we'll have 3rd degree burns of our lung tissue but we will have built the biggest and baddest vape mod known to man and if it does blow up there won't be any evidence left behind we will be truly vaporized.

400 watts that is an apartment size microwave! Let them sell one of these to someone and they get hurt the vape community will be outlawed in a flash. Great idea yup a real Einstein there.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I work in a friend of mine B&M Vape Shop ...

A Little Off Topic. But I noticed you were from Indiana.

What do You and Your Friend think of the Pending Indiana Legislation that would Dramatically Increase the price of e-Liquids. And Severely Limit what e-Liquids can be Sold?

jonny45378

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Arizona
I own 100+ watt vaping equipment but the highest I have ever vaped was 75w. Owning 100+ vaping devices doesn't mean you have to utilize its maximum potential. I like to collect them, just like I like to collect weapons. I only shoot 9mm and .357 magnum in the gun ranges, but that doesn't stop me from collecting high power rifles. So instead of saying high wattage mods are unsafe and stupid, use them with responsibility and with knowledge armed.

Lets say someone make a compound bow that shoots 1000 fps, can we say that is unsafe and stupid?

How about someone dry fires his compound bow with 70 pounds of draw weight, he could hurt himself because of the kinetic energy being transferred back to the bow itself and potentially hurt the shooter, can we say that archery is unsafe and stupid? Should we regulate the maximum draw weight to 30 pounds?

We have enough nukes to destroy the earth several times, yet we will never ever stop making faster, more accurate, and more importantly, more powerful weapons. What's up with that?

Yes I agree to use any high powered devices, no just vaping devices, with caution. But that doesn't mean that they are "stupid", as mentioned by many posters. Hell, people think smokers are stupid, smokers think ecig users are stupid, and now vapers think high wattage gears are stupid, lol.
It's not that some vapers think high wattage vapers are stupid, it's if you don't do it safely that makes them stupid. If you're vaping on a 100w+ regulated box mod with married batteries and a low ohm build on it, there isn't much risk of anything going wrong. But take the same situation but instead one battery is new and the other is around 6 months old with different charge levels. Now you're getting close to trouble. Same with that 10 battery box mod. Since the batteries were different brands from different batches, soon enough that's just asking for a trip to the ER or the morgue especially with a build that low.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I dun like where all these power chase is going.. One needs serious knowledge and experience to operate these devices, and some noob dude is bound to get hurt.
It will only provide more ammo for governments around to add to the 'unsafe' aspect for vaping to clamp down on us..
Yep. They go balls out and make everyone else look bad.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides. Fire arms need to be banned.

88,000 deaths per year from 2006–2010, and accounted for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20–64 years for alcohol consumption. Alcohol needs to be banned.

In 2011, 32,479 were killed in car accident. Driving needs to be stopped.

In 2012, 33,561 were killed in car accident. Again, driving needs to be banned.

Last year, with so many airline accidents, flying should be illegalized.

How many people got killed last year using vaping equipment?

This is going to be the year of vaping deaths if anyone who doesn't know what they're doing decides to purchase this idiotic monstrosity.
Does it come with a free bottle of 100mg Formaldehyde juice?

It's great isn't it?

An invention comes along that's safer than smoking and them it's modified to make it potentially a lot more dangerous than smoking. These sorts of devices could eventually result in the FDA banning everything, especially if someone gets hurt in the act of using one.

Last edited:

tFOrRESTee

Nov 3, 2014
USA
It's not that some vapers think high wattage vapers are stupid, it's if you don't do it safely that makes them stupid. If you're vaping on a 100w+ regulated box mod with married batteries and a low ohm build on it, there isn't much risk of anything going wrong. But take the same situation but instead one battery is new and the other is around 6 months old with different charge levels. Now you're getting close to trouble. Same with that 10 battery box mod. Since the batteries were different brands from different batches, soon enough that's just asking for a trip to the ER or the morgue especially with a build that low.
Let me respond to your statements one by one.

“It's not that some vapers think high wattage vapers are stupid, it's if you don't do it safely that makes them stupid”.

Think clearly before you respond. If I do it safely, it will make them smart? Or did you mean to say “it's if they don't do it safely that makes them stupid”. Fine, but you are making a false assumption here. You falsely assumed that people who use high voltage devices are dumb and stupid and have no idea what they are doing, and that they are guilty until proven innocent. People started from small voltage devices and advanced to the level that satisfies their needs. Nobody starts to run before they learn to crawl and walk! Also, safety is a common sense. It’s like I am saying, if you don’t chew your burger or burrito carefully you could choke to death, or you could burn your tounge if you don’t pay attention to your hot coffee, or if you heat up a metal in the microwave or put a bomb in your oven you could blow things up. Should we stop eating or drinking coffee, or stop using microwaves or ovens? Sure, there are people who will do risky things, like driving a car 120 mph on a street with 30 mph limit. Should we make cars that can only reach the maximum of say 80 mph? Look, you are making a nut case and assume everyone else is. A big question mark with the “if”.

If you're vaping on a 100w+ regulated box mod with married batteries and a low ohm build on it, there isn't much risk of anything going wrong.
You really better do some study and research to understand what high voltage vaping is and what it’s about before giving those false statements.

But take the same situation but instead one battery is new and the other is around 6 months old with different charge levels. Now you're getting close to trouble.
Again, you are assuming everyone else is dumb and stupid. It’s common sense to use married batteries. Do you need more examples? IF you do, yes, a big IF, let me give you another example, will you buy a car with two tires brand new and the other two are all worn out? Do you even rotate your tires?

Same with that 10 battery box mod. Since the batteries were different brands from different batches, soon enough that's just asking for a trip to the ER or the morgue especially with a build that low.

He’s using them for testing only. Btw, do you know the differences between a parallel box mod and a series box mod? Guess not!

Don’t just assume high voltage vaping is unsafe or stupid just because you heard from your cousin’s neighbor’s friend’s boyfriend said high voltage vaping is unsafe. Many people give comments without the desire to understand, the effort to learn, and the courage to try and experiment, and they chime in just based on Billy Bob’s review or Uncle Roy’s comments. How many times have you heard those ignorant people claimed that vaping is more harzadous than smoking and it can cause all kinds of cancer? I always told people who said this, all those “experiments” are like burning a chicken to coal and asking people to eat it and then claiming eating chicken can cause people cancer and choke people to death!

Make informed statements and decisions!

This is going to be the year of vaping deaths if anyone who doesn't know what they're doing decides to purchase this idiotic monstrosity.
Does it come with a free bottle of 100mg Formaldehyde juice?

It's great isn't it?

An invention comes along that's safer than smoking and them it's modified to make it potentially a lot more dangerous than smoking. These sorts of devices could eventually result in the FDA banning everything, especially if someone gets hurt in the act of using one.

An ignorant post, based on assumptions without any proof, that is not even worth the time to respond. What proof do you have to support your claim of “idiotic monstrosity”. I am dare to say, you give one proof, and I will show you a false proof.

Here’s my final quote.

Theodore Roosevelt said:
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
I think it is absurd that any of the e-juice be taxed at the same rate as tobacco products because that means that anyone that doesn't vape with nicotine has to suffer higher prices just as if it did, because all e-liquids would fall under the tax and legislation constraints. I don't feel that is a fair shake 26% tax on juices and they didn't say if that would apply to devices as well. It would hurt the local market tremendously and I heard that the feds are on the same band wagon trying to implement that insanity nationwide. The problem is Big Tobacco is losing a ton of money and saying that it isn't fair that vape juices can have fruit and candy flavors when they were banned from anything but menthol and regular tobacco because the candy flavors supposedly lured young people to smoke. So now vape flavorings are under attack as well. They are trying to say that vaping flavors lure in the young people and that it eventually turns them to smoking they are trying to reverse engineer the experience and I can tell you as a 30 year former smoker after vaping and the pleasant flavors of e-liquids that are available I can't see anyone who never smoked a day in there life picking up a cigarette and saying damn that was a wonderful tasting experience I can't even stomach the smell now never mind the taste, It's all BS if you ask me but the bureaucrats don't understand, it's a new culture and just like Rock-n-Roll it's work of the devil and is damnable so let's ban it or make it so ridiculously expensive that nobody can afford it and it will just go away then we'll push cigarettes back down their throats and start killing our countrymen again makes perfect sense don't you think.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides. Fire arms need to be banned.

88,000 deaths per year from 2006–2010, and accounted for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20–64 years for alcohol consumption. Alcohol needs to be banned.

In 2011, 32,479 were killed in car accident. Driving needs to be stopped.

In 2012, 33,561 were killed in car accident. Again, driving needs to be banned.

Last year, with so many airline accidents, flying should be illegalized.

In all the examples you gave, there is regulation.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I guess if these guys can't get a date...

We have come to the point where mods have outgrown battery technology... I think ProVape was right capping P3 at 20 watts. It may be the legal limit once enough people get hurt... it won't be fools like this, but a 12 year old paraded in front of Congress with half his face blown off...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think it is absurd that any of the e-juice be taxed at the same rate as tobacco products because that means that anyone that doesn't vape with nicotine has to suffer higher prices just as if it did, because all e-liquids would fall under the tax and legislation constraints. I don't feel that is a fair shake 26% tax on juices and they didn't say if that would apply to devices as well. It would hurt the local market tremendously and I heard that the feds are on the same band wagon trying to implement that insanity nationwide. The problem is Big Tobacco is losing a ton of money and saying that it isn't fair that vape juices can have fruit and candy flavors when they were banned from anything but menthol and regular tobacco because the candy flavors supposedly lured young people to smoke. So now vape flavorings are under attack as well. They are trying to say that vaping flavors lure in the young people and that it eventually turns them to smoking they are trying to reverse engineer the experience and I can tell you as a 30 year former smoker after vaping and the pleasant flavors of e-liquids that are available I can't see anyone who never smoked a day in there life picking up a cigarette and saying damn that was a wonderful tasting experience I can't even stomach the smell now never mind the taste, It's all BS if you ask me but the bureaucrats don't understand, it's a new culture and just like Rock-n-Roll it's work of the devil and is damnable so let's ban it or make it so ridiculously expensive that nobody can afford it and it will just go away then we'll push cigarettes back down their throats and start killing our countrymen again makes perfect sense don't you think.

Well then I Strongly Urge You and Your Friend who owns a B&M to contact Hoosier and some of the other Indiana Members in the Threads below to ask what Help you can lend to Stopping or Amending these Pending pieces of Legislation.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-would-threaten-access-use-e-cigarettes.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/642648-1l-100mg-nic-base-went-up-830-00-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread