Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Trying out a different format for the Quiz Answers post. Let me know what you think.

#1: Wreck-It Ralph
This screenshot is the "kill screen" that ends the movie, which is quite fitting, considering that it's a movie about arcade games and their characters.

#2: El Mariachi
This 1992 release was Robert Rodriguez's first movie. It was made on a $7000 budget, and Rodriguez alone took on the responsibilities of writer, director, producer, editor, and camera man. The special effects department was made up of Rodriguez and the actor playing the movie's title character, (the guy in the screenshot). I don't know if this was the intention all along, but the movie ended up being the first in a trilogy.

#3: Case 39
That's Bradley Cooper's eye in the screenshot. It's from a scene that takes place not long after he confesses to a little girl that he has a fear of hornets. Supernatural silliness abounds in this mostly mediocre horror-thriller, but it does have a couple of memorable moments.

#4: Biloxi Blues
Christopher Walken: Tell me, Jerome, if a pi$$ drunk sergeant has a loaded .45 pointed at the head of a piece of dung that the pi$$ drunk sergeant hates and despises, how would you describe the situation?

Matthew Broderick: Delicate. Extremely delicate.

#5: Bad Santa
Rumor has it that, while playing an alcoholic Kris Kringle in this movie, Billy Bob Thornton actually was fairly drunk much of the time. And, frankly, he doesn't care if you've been naughty or nice.

#6: Snatch
This Guy Ritchie film, (my favorite of his, BTW), features a number of recognizable faces. Among them, you'll find Brad Pitt as a mostly unintelligible British Pikey who can really take a beating.

#7: Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
In this movie, George Clooney's directorial debut, we learn that the creator of The Newlywed Game, The Dating Game, and The Gong Show, (among several others), was also a covert assassin for the C.I.A.

#8: River's Edge
This movie is reminiscent of the whole "You guys wanna go see a dead body?" line that fueled much of the storyline in Stand By Me. But, in this film, one member of a group of friends murders another, and after parading past the corpse, they individually decided how to deal with it... or not deal with it.

Thanks for playing, and I hope you all had a very merry Christmas! :)

movie-quiz_83.jpg

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
Thanks Caff! I do like the new format. Very informative to us non-movie buffs, to learn a little bit from you!
I've only seen Bad Santa, and didn't like it. The rest of these are some I should see! Did I tell you I finally watched Metropolis? That was good. And, thanks to you, Freaks is one of my whole family's favorite old old movies now. We quote from it all the damn time :)

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Thanks Caff! I do like the new format. Very informative to us non-movie buffs, to learn a little bit from you!
I've only seen Bad Santa, and didn't like it. The rest of these are some I should see! Did I tell you I finally watched Metropolis? That was good. And, thanks to you, Freaks is one of my whole family's favorite old old movies now. We quote from it all the damn time :)
As a rule, I only use movies I've seen -- often more than once -- in the movie quiz. Also, for the most part, I try to only use movies that I've really enjoyed and would recommend. Along the way there have been a few exceptions to that, though. For instance, Case 39 from this most recent quiz had some decent scenes, but was a fairly uninspired, pedestrian flick overall.

And yeah, there's no denying that Bad Santa just isn't a movie for everyone. :D

In any case, I'm happy to learn that you've enjoyed seeing some of the movies I've sort of introduced you to. :)

... Watch River's Edge - very good movie.
I agree, vaporgal. Aside from Crispin Glover's ridiculously bad acting, (which, frankly, seems to be the only way he knows how to "act"), River's Edge is a really good movie, even though it's also moderately depressing.

Also, FYI: I'm currently gathering screenshots for the next quiz, with the aim of getting it posted sometime over this coming weekend.

Last edited:

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Caff - I truly appreciate you doing these movie quizzes. I've watched many movies that I hadn't considered or knew about until you posted them in a movie quiz.

I agree that River's Edge is a really good movie, although it is a bit depressing. I've not seen it in a long time, and don't recall how Glover's acting was. Guess we'll need to watch it again during my long break!

I'm looking forward to the next quiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread