Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
As the title says I am moving from PWM devices into a flat signal device today. Done all my research, but I can't seem to find the mention of one thing. Is there any reason to drop the nic level of my juices as I would going from a stock clearo's into rba's/rda's? I wouldn't think so, but at the same time, I do think so. My reasoning behind not dropping the nic level is because the topper would still be just a clearo like a nautilus, or a PT2. My reasoning for yes is because with better stable current, I will be receiving much better quality draws from the device. Any thoughts on this?

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
I went from cartos and clearos to rda's and rba's. The throat hit delivered is a lot bigger with drippers and rda's. Lowering the nic level helps lower the intensity of that harsh throat. Raising the VG content of the juice you buy helps too. I was vaping 18mg in my clearos, loaded it up in a dripper and almost hacked up a lung. I drip 12mg and 6mg now and I don't feel like I'm missing any if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I don't think you'll need to. Most people drop nic level for dripping as you do get a harder hit from dripping. But that's due to the topper, not for the power source. You may notice a smoother vape from switching the power source, and you may notice that your coils are lasting a bit longer without PWM. For taste and nic levels though, I do believe the topper matters more then the power source.

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
I did!! I was vaping 12mg when I bought my first RBA, the Promethius, to run on my Segelei 7-20. I built it to 0.7Ω with dual coils and the 12mg literally put me on my southside. I switched to 3mg and everything was fine. I've since purchased a couple more RBA's and a couple of RDA's and use the 3mg juice only in them and my PT II's as well.

Last edited:

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
I don't think you'll need to. Most people drop nic level for dripping as you do get a harder hit from dripping. But that's due to the topper, not for the power source. You may notice a smoother vape from switching the power source, and you may notice that your coils are lasting a bit longer without PWM. For taste and nic levels though, I do believe the topper matters more then the power source.

This was exactly my main train of thought as well. But, thought I'd ask any ways. If nothing else now there will be a thread addressing it for the next guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread