Moving to 6V vaping. A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

makasin

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
San Diego
So I just ordered the Prodigy V3.1 at 6v. I have purchased a few atomizers to see what's what with this device. I got the HH.357 at 3.0 Ohms, a Dual coil carto at 2 or 2.5 Ohms. (4 or 5ohms in parallel). Will these atomizers work well with my setup? Also, what resistance is the atomizer that comes with the 6v kit? I have been hearing good things about the BE112 at 6V and I might try that if I dont have much success with the other guys. Should I just get a 510-801 adapter or is it a better idea to just get the prodigy 801 connector?
Finally, how do you guys remove the primer from your atomizers? That has been the main issue I have with vaping and I have been doing it for a long time now. Ive gotten so sick of it that I have returned to cigarettes for a few months and am now trying to get back into vaping since I can't .......ing breathe. I have tried using 95% rubbing alcohol, warm water, blowing them out first of course (but I have historically only blown through the tube side not the thread side). NOthing seems to work except for doing the above and then dripping juice, blowing the vapor out while firing until dry and repeating this process for about 2 days when the awful horrid taste diminishes. The problem is, when I do this, I dont get the nicotine so im temped to smoke cigs and give up on vaping. Please help! thanks

EDIT: Also, I even get primer whenever I use cartomizers most of the time and I dont know how to clean those out either. Its so damn frustrating

Parmacrafter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Parma, Idaho, USA
It is always better to get the 801 fitting for the V3. Use of adapters can sometimes cause a short if they are not made well.

Primer is easily removed by soaking the atties in Vodka for a couple hours. Rinse and blow out any liquid. Then just let them dry overnight. If you are using a nic juice and burning through it til the atty is dry you are likely burning the wick material. That will leave a burned taste no matter what you put into the atty after that.

Cartomizers should never have primer in them. I would guess you are not filling/soaking them well enough before using them. I fill mine with a syringe. Most cartomizers will hold 1.5 mils or pretty close to that. If they are not full or the center area is not wet enough you get instant burned filler. I suspect that is the problem you encountered.

6v: 6v is pretty hot. So you should try to stick with 3ohm cartos or at least 2.8 ohm atties. The dual coils have been known to cause the protection circuit on batts to activate. So be sure and stick to Lifepo4 batteries to avoid that.

Last edited:

makasin

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
San Diego
Ok so i must be doing something wrong because I have dissolved the few atomizers that I have at the moment (using my Xhaler at 3.7V) in 70% alcohol for 2 nights, then water, let dry for 2 days primed with liquid. Still tastes like primer. I got these from ikenvape. I just washed another one and it still tastes terrible. Basically all of my gear is completely unusable. Hopefully the atomizers that I ordered for my v3 wont suck so bad. I dont know what to do. Ive probably burned 8ml of liquid through this one 2.0 ohn IKV big black atomizer non-510 size (forgot what it's called) and it STILL tastes like primer.

EDIT: just dewicked the atomizer that has been giving me lots of primer trouble. Almost instantly it got a lot better, so I guess it had some gross components or something.

Anyways, so do you guys think the HH.357 atomizer at 3 ohms should work okay with my 6V device?

Last edited:

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
the 3.0 ohm 357 will be fine at 6v. 3 ohms with 6 volts= 13 watts. 9-13 watts is the range most folks like to vape at.

Now regarding the primer......if you've soaked the atty in alcohol (PGA, vodka, or any other alcohol), blew it out, and let it dry, there is no primer in the atty....period. If you are getting a bad taste, I assure you it is not primer. Heck, most good attys are only primed with a mixture of PG/VG anyway, which only diminishes the flavor of the juice. It doesn't taste GOOD, but it doesn't taste absolutely horrible either. Most likely it is burnt wick you are tasting. The first time you dry burn an atty, or even burn it without enough liquid, you are going to taint the wick. This goes triple for cartos. Polyfil (the stuff in cartos) burns very quickly when dry. Don't let the equipment get too dry, ever. This is why dewicking that one atty helped so much. You'll probably have better luck with wickless attys, like the 357 or perhaps bridgless/wickless cisco spec 306s from Avid or the io6 from IKV (when there new website gets finished). I hope this helps, man. Vaping any equipment comes with a learning curve. Vaping at 13 watts, you'll want to keep the atty just short of flooded. Keep at it and you'll get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread