MTB throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzzo

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2013
USA
Got my Mt baker juices about 2 weeks ago and let them steep until I recieved my new iClear 30s. Just tried them out and there is absolutely no throat hit. I'm used to vaping 8mg/ml and didn't want to up the nic levels so I picked the 6mg/ml for this juice. I'm wondering if its the nic content that is affecting the throat hit or if its my PG/VG ratio, I got 50/50.

I would like to continue to use low nic levels but I really miss having a throat hit, any suggestions?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I'll have to try that. Does the PG/VG ratio really affect the throat hit? Or is it mainly the nic level?

both. mainly the nic, but its still both. the flavoring itself can also have an impact on TH. citrus and cinnamon juices amp up TH. and some tobaccos do too, but not all. that being said, VG juice is extremely smooth. any more than 35% VG and the TH suffers greatly (for me). ive only vaped a few all VG juices and they all seriously lacked in the TH dept. basically non-existant at 18mg. there was however an "afterburn" type of TH. not the TH that hits you on the inhale, but it hits you on the exhale (albeit to a much smaller degree, but its there). for me, i need a proper balance of initial TH (PG) followed up by an afterburn-style softer TH (VG). 65PG/35VG is my zone for the perfect balance.

if youre going lower on nic, bump up your PG a tad- but not all the way. i believe a balance of VG is needed to complete the proper TH sensation.

edit: if youre looking to pull TH from otherwise non-TH juice, aim for an RBA. you can alter the location of the air hole on lots of RBAs which will amp up your TH. also, you can create builds to tailor your vape in other ways to just how you like it. for example, im able to pull significant TH from 12mg 100% VG juices. which is saying a lot seeing how i prefer 18mg 65/35, and feel comfortable vaping 24+mg juice.

Last edited:

bogeyjim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2010
Boulder, CO
Disclaimer: I love mtbakervapor. I really do.

BUT..... Their quality control isn't all there I think. I've had some juices at 18mg with ZERO throat hit. Basically no nicotine cuz I was feining for nicotine pretty quickly. Then I ordered 24mg juice because I was worried about TH, and it was over the top un vapeable TH....

I dunno. I continue to order, they ship fast, their prices are amazing, and their juice is good. Though they do miss the mark sometimes :) Id try again and it'll probably be fine :)

Amiaji

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
North Carolina
I ordered 5 different flavors from MBV just to try. All of them are 50/50 and 18mg. None of them have any throat hit. The freebie bottle they sent with my order is 80/20 and 12mg. It has no throat hit either. I dunno if it is their flavorings, the ratios or what but I don't get any throat hit at all from their juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread