Mtbakervapor MBV Chat and Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

macaroni

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Rockledge, Florida, USA
I need to never buy a new mod again. My juice collection tastes different on the provari than it does in the vtr. Now I have to buy more juice... :)

That's weird ... why would that be? I had always assumed that the "device" was pretty much just a power supply, so other than the inherent differences between an e-ciggy, and a VV/VW, and a mech mod, taste would pretty much be the same within each of those categories. I always thought that the "taste difference" was in the delivery method ..... tanks vs. dripping vs. carts, along with the coil configuration ... ohm rating, single vs. double, top vs. bottom etc etc etc.

I'm not "knocking" the Provari ..... I get the build quality, guarantee, and to a certain point the exclusivity of "name recognition" advantages, I just don't see how it could affect the taste of juice.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
The way most of the vv/vw devices regulate output power is to turn a higher voltage off and on. For example, providing 6V, with it on half the time and off the other half would provide what seems like 3V. The chip switches at a rate of 33hz, that is off & on 33 times a second. The Provari filters it's output and provides a more even power. The MVP also filters it's output, although not to the extent of the Provari. Depending on the toppper, actually the coil, that you use this can effect the taste. Imagine a rate of 1hz and then imagine your favorite e-liquid at 6V for 2/3 of a second then 0V for the other third. The average power would seem to be 4V, where your e-liquid and coil would provide nice flavor but what you actually get is a burnt taste from the 6V. Since the switching occurs faster the effect is lessened but it can still be noticeable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
My lovely traded mini came today! She's beautiful! Cocobolo and Curly oak/bloodwood
9kxcw2.jpg

you can see how small mine is in my small midget hands
rrnho1.jpg

Khala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2013
Illinois, US
That's weird ... why would that be? I had always assumed that the "device" was pretty much just a power supply, so other than the inherent differences between an e-ciggy, and a VV/VW, and a mech mod, taste would pretty much be the same within each of those categories. I always thought that the "taste difference" was in the delivery method ..... tanks vs. dripping vs. carts, along with the coil configuration ... ohm rating, single vs. double, top vs. bottom etc etc etc.

I'm not "knocking" the Provari ..... I get the build quality, guarantee, and to a certain point the exclusivity of "name recognition" advantages, I just don't see how it could affect the taste of juice.

I thought the exact same thing. Until last week.

The way most of the vv/vw devices regulate output power is to turn a higher voltage off and on. For example, providing 6V, with it on half the time and off the other half would provide what seems like 3V. The chip switches at a rate of 33hz, that is off & on 33 times a second. The Provari filters it's output and provides a more even power. The MVP also filters it's output, although not to the extent of the Provari. Depending on the toppper, actually the coil, that you use this can effect the taste. Imagine a rate of 1hz and then imagine your favorite e-liquid at 6V for 2/3 of a second then 0V for the other third. The average power would seem to be 4V, where your e-liquid and coil would provide nice flavor but what you actually get is a burnt taste from the 6V. Since the switching occurs faster the effect is lessened but it can still be noticeable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

This appears to be what is happening. I'm really, really having to drop the voltage on the Provari, and things still taste different. Going to be an interesting few weeks while I experiment!

Khala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2013
Illinois, US
Rookies!!!! We missed you!

And I figured out the issue with the juice in the Provari. Yes, there is a taste difference, but on this case, the head in the pt2 I was running wasn't seated well in the base. I figured it out when it wouldn't register ohms on the vtr, but would on the provari. Vtr error codes to the rescue!

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

My liquid is lasting twice as long in the Provari. I can't figure out why. Everything else is the same. I feel like I am caping the same amount but maybe not.

sent from my Limited Edition Monkey Island™ Talking Head Voodoo Doll named Murray®

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
Good mornin' misfits :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend...

With your new REObsession you might like to know that the Remo Mini 2.1 now comes in Low Profile. Opens up your options for more RDAs to choose from.

Oh yeah, the only ones stocked are the black, not that you like black mods or anything. :)

Edit maybe he is adding stock, silver vein just showed up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread