mtbakervapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormwench

Moved On
May 15, 2013
Bellevue, WA, USA
First let me say that its not just MBV juices that will crack a tank but this will happen with just about all juices I have found with plastic tanks and certain acidic flavors. And warning - if you get a e-juice with citric acid as a preservative - even if that is not the flavor you can score up a tank.

Acid level (mainly the citric ones and the acid in heavy spiced juices) can attack any non glass or metal tank to some extent depending on the plastic/polycarbonate in the tank, level of acid in the juice and so on. Some people end up with combinations that just 'cloud' a tank where others have experienced total degeneration of the tank in a few minutes, while for others its just damages around places the plastic is attached (glued) to metal (like in CE4) or the plastic is threaded and cause leaking to various extents. There are some amazing stories in the forums of just what has happened to plastic while vaping a juice with a high acid level.

Since MBV is nice enough to let you know this will happen its should not be construed as something 'with' their juice. Most makers just imagine you know and don't say anything and if they don't most people learn the hard way the first time. Since you like cinnamon you really are lucky this has not happened to you as yet.. As someone said - use at you own risk, no matter where you get your juices (of course I have noticed the better the flavor the more than will tend to do this if its an high acidity juice). I was forwarned and as a cinnamon lover got a metal tank for it after I dripped a good portion of my first bottle to determine I liked it. Once I knew I was coming back for more I got the tank - as I hate dripping.

I do have a couple of plastic/poly tanks that are holding up but have done battle with a few juices that had a higher acid content then I realized fro the name and are now very cloudy including one that turned cloudy with a RY4 I bought it an emergency from a B&M. Although I was buying a pretty well known name in the business I had no clue that citric acid was used as a preservative until the tank clouded and I read the label. Must have been preserved through the next ice age.

This happens in people kitchens all the time. Many of us have the softer plastic measuring cup that started out clear when bought that is now pitted or milky white (depending on the plastic) because of acids in things we have measured over time. That's why most professionals prefer glass and/or metal and why many home cooks follow suit. Doesn't ruin the food to use plastic (except in a rare case of two) and its not dangerous but it happens.

So do it at your own risk. I would certainly not tempt fate and try it out on an expensive to or irreplaceable plastic tank.

But acid level or not MBV had some really great e-juice.

ziggytrix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Dallas, TX
I'd read that polypropylene plastic was OK, but I was vaping Atomic Fireball in a CE5 (which is supposed to be polypropylene) and it started to get a little leaky after a couple days. Nothing major, it still works, but I'm not going to do any more citrus or cinnamon in any sort of plastic tanks.

So I did some searching and got a kanger protank on special from ivape using a discount code from ........ http://.........blogspot.com/2013/04/low-kanger-pro-tank-1405.html

Zipp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Are you guys sure it's the acids? I've got a variety of acids here that I always store in plastic. It's the organic solvents that have caused problems for me. You can store hydrochloric acid in polypropylene as long as you want, but a plastic container full of warm ether might not even last long enough to find a better container. I know some oils attack PP. And hot nitric acid, but I doubt anyone is trying to vape that... So what is it in e-juice that is attacking the plastic clearo's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread